• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think NGC lost my coin

15 posts in this topic

Hello everybody.

I live in South Korea.

I sent my coin to NGC on July 23th. 2012 for a grading that express course.

And They informed me they sent back the coin July 31st with registered mail.

Now is Sep. 7th. not arrived yet. 37 days past.

Normally It delivered within 10 days.

Tracking number does't work.

I asked this many times to NGC but They did not reply any. Just No reply No inform me.

I am very tired this situation.

How can I do about this.

Please advise.

If you just asked on the contact us at the ngc site, its late at night here, there is probably nobody there. Maybe tomorrow you will get a response or Monday. Sorry for your luck.

More than likely the coin disappeared in the mail sometime after it left the US, either at Customs or in your postal service. Any tracking number they gave you would probably only track it until it left the US, it will not track after it is turned over to another service. Unfortunately NGC can't prevent mail loss and if they sent it registered the most they could do would be to file a claim with the post office BUT the maximum the post office will pay out on a registered mail package once it leaves the country (and their control) is $49.

If you can't get an answer on the ask NGC forum or by email then you need to call customer service. My bet though is that it has been held up in customs for some reason. Does South Korea have import duties for coins? This has caused problems with collectors in other countries with them having to pay import duties to get their own coins back.

Thank you for reply.

If I cannot receive my coin finally then who has responsible?

The coin that I sent has value more than U$1,200.

This is very big amount to forget.

Is there any way to compensate?

South Korea no import duties for the Korean coins which over 100 years.

My coin is over 100 years Korean one.

Thank you.

Ho Baek

Hello hobaek, Sorry for all your problems. A few minutes ago I sent a message to NGC requesting them to contact you directly about this, and also requesting them to reply to this thread, here in this forum, so we will know exactly what's going on. There should be some reply within 24 hours, or at latest by Monday. Let's hope for a favorable resolution to the matter.

• Administrator

I thought a few general comments might be helpful…

NGC Customer Service is very responsive. Of course, we make sure that a submitter has the most up-to-date and current information regarding a lost package.

Unfortunately, when a package is delayed in transit, our options are limited. We notify the USPS as soon as we discover a package is delayed. On an international package, a claim cannot be submitted before the package is missing for 60 days. Until that time, we communicate at least weekly with the USPS to seek additional information and make sure that the submitter is as well-informed as possible.

In the rare event that a submitter’s coins are delayed during return shipment, the submitter should always be fully assured that we will pursue the best possible course to assist them.

• Administrator

Ho Baek,

We do appreciate your patience. I am a collector as well and I think that I understand a little bit how you are feeling. On Monday, I will make sure that NGC Customer Service sends you the most current information we have about your package.

Regards,

Scott

I thought a few general comments might be helpful…

NGC Customer Service is very responsive. Of course, we make sure that a submitter has the most up-to-date and current information regarding a lost package.

Unfortunately, when a package is delayed in transit, our options are limited. We notify the USPS as soon as we discover a package is delayed. On an international package, a claim cannot be submitted before the package is missing for 60 days. Until that time, we communicate at least weekly with the USPS to seek additional information and make sure that the submitter is as well-informed as possible.

In the rare event that a submitter’s coins are delayed during return shipment, the submitter should always be fully assured that we will pursue the best possible course to assist them.

never mind.........

Best, HT