• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crusty O-mint dimes anyone?

7 posts in this topic

Nice coins, I love barber coinage but other than a couple of Proof halfs I have avoided ever owning them as I was afraid of getting hooked. Here is a very crusty Dime that shows advanced die deterioration on the Rev as well as partially filled/not struck up O mint mark that looks like a C.

1891%20o%20REV.jpg

The 1891o dimes are known for poor quality as it was the first year back making small coinage since that Civil War.

1891%20o%20slab.jpg

Nice coins, I love barber coinage but other than a couple of Proof halfs I have avoided ever owning them as I was afraid of getting hooked. Here is a very crusty Dime that shows advanced die deterioration on the Rev as well as partially filled/not struck up O mint mark that looks like a C.

1891%20o%20REV.jpg

The 1891o dimes are known for poor quality as it was the first year back making small coinage since that Civil War.

1891%20o%20slab.jpg

It's my favorite series, and definitely addictive.

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistry/publishedset.aspx?s=103579&ac=1