• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

somebody hit the jackpot ( 3 gold beans) and NGC no less!!!

57 posts in this topic

I believe they're actually in the third generation of slabs. 1.0 was the black slab, 2.1 (which came before 2.0) was the all-white slab with an all-white label with the embossed logo inside the plastic. The 2.0 was the same as the 2.1 but with the logo moved to the outside. Then came these slabs, which have the same slab type as the 2.0, but with a label with a border. They're a very cool set though!

-Paul

Paul, you are correct. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2248608

Mark, what would be an incredible listing? For us small fry, thats amazing!

Broadstrucks first year barber proof set, I know I'm not mark , but those coins I would kill for

Mark, what would be an incredible listing? For us small fry, thats amazing!

"Amazing" is a subjective and ambiguous term, but I bet you, yourself, could come up with with a number of answers to your own question. ;)

Pretty cool don't know about incredible. There is a cool factor, gold CAC, gold embossed logo, matched grades and fatty holders. The gold bean means what? Xtra, Xtra, Xtra nice for the grade? They really are 66?

1935 PDS NGC MS 67 Superb Gem Colorful Toned Texas Commemorative Set Old Fatty[/url] rrantique]
Lance's set dserves green beans!

And his pics are a WHOLE lot better too!

^^

I agree with Lance (thumbs u

I sold that one too! Ebay# 370621778478

Seems like a bargain in comparison

Very nice set, but I dropped out of bidding hundreds of dollars ago. This year I picked up a 37 Texas PDS set on Ebay, all 66 green bean for $784.

Smart man!

Very impressive listing. Well matched P-D-S sets are getting somewhat hard to find. This is one of the better ones I have seen. VERY attractive IMO. Combine that with Fatties, consecutive numbers and three for three gold stickers and you have quite an unique offering. If this was a non Ebay listing I would probably be interested in it.

I can see this reaching 67 prices. I'll guess $2500. I might be low. MJ

I do not know personally but being local to me I keep an eye on his stuff.

He is savvy enough to know how to sell his products and I am sure this is the RIGHT way to do it AT the Right time.

I think MJ is probably in the ballpark that it ends up way over market pricing ...

Good Luck "Richard" spooned out yer nick heheh (Great toning)

Well considering there are currently 36 watchers, and 24 bids -- and a whopping 5 days left to go -- this set will probably go through the roof price-wise. My guess is the winning bid will be from someone looking to flip them individually like Ankur suggested. (shrug) .

They are so common, I don't personally see the "draw" to the set, but to each his/her own.

how do you know how many watchers? I didn't know you can see that on other people's auctions.

Well considering there are currently 36 watchers, and 24 bids -- and a whopping 5 days left to go -- this set will probably go through the roof price-wise. My guess is the winning bid will be from someone looking to flip them individually like Ankur suggested. (shrug) .

They are so common, I don't personally see the "draw" to the set, but to each his/her own.

how do you know how many watchers? I didn't know you can see that on other people's auctions.

I was thinking the same thing. Is there a way to find out how many watchers? I didn't tell.

I was thinking the same thing. Is there a way to find out how many watchers? I didn't tell.

LINK

and all three are under graded, At the same time?

Well it makes sense looking at the SNs. How much more probable would such similar grading be applied consecutively than over the same period of time?

Well that's cool, never knew that site existed. 49 watchers now... and I'll admit, I'm watching, the bid is well above what I would bid tho. Neat action.

Well, just under 2 grand............where should it have been?

a nice 1937 P-D-S set in NGC 65 around $600. PCGS $750

a nice 1937 P-D-S set in NGC 66 around $850. PCGS $1000

a nice1937 P-D-S set in NGG 67 around $2000. PCGS around $2400

You could probably pay less on any given day.Extremely exquisite toned Texas's can go for a lot more.

I think the cosigner and the buyer did fine on this sale.

MJ

too bad ebay and papal gets about 300

I don't think the fees total (as much as) "about" 15%. And, while many people complain about EBay fees, the bottom line is that EBay provides sellers with massive exposure to potential bidders - exposure that they could not begin to approach on their own.

You are correct, only about 240 if ebay gets 10% and paypal gets 3%.

Before you go off estimating fees, you should have some information about the facts. When you have a store, the fees are substantially less.

eBay Stores Fees

The rates are 7.5% on first $50, 4% on next $950, and 2% on anything over $1000. In this case, that equates to $61.33.

PayPal fees are 2.9% + 0.30 per transaction. In this case = $57.69

There was $20 charged for shipping on the auction, so that should be close to covering real costs on that side.

All said and done, $119.02 in fees on $1979.10 sale = 6.01%.

That makes it even better for the seller, since ebay does nothing different for that than all the .99 cent sales others list. Thanks for the info. I need to look into a store

Paypal is ebay, and they take the % from shipping also.

I never complain about shipping prices anyway, if you don't like them don't buy. I consider them part of the sale price, just like ebay and paypal

too bad ebay and papal gets about 300

I don't think the fees total (as much as) "about" 15%. And, while many people complain about EBay fees, the bottom line is that EBay provides sellers with massive exposure to potential bidders - exposure that they could not begin to approach on their own.

I agree EBay does provide exposure to large amounts of potential buyers, however it is the sellers who pay the bills, in fees, and EBay sides with the buyer on most problems. Try putting in a negative comment on a buyer................. You can't. You can only list positive. However, have a buyer open a complaint, and your money is frozen til resolved. Try getting paid if the buyer doesn't want to pay. It takes about a week and you end up cancelling it and re-listing. I just think they need to re-think their business model.

You are correct, only about 240 if ebay gets 10% and paypal gets 3%.

Before you go off estimating fees, you should have some information about the facts. When you have a store, the fees are substantially less.

eBay Stores Fees

The rates are 7.5% on first $50, 4% on next $950, and 2% on anything over $1000. In this case, that equates to $61.33.

PayPal fees are 2.9% + 0.30 per transaction. In this case = $57.69

There was $20 charged for shipping on the auction, so that should be close to covering real costs on that side.

All said and done, $119.02 in fees on $1979.10 sale = 6.01%.

Thanks for that info.

It seems to me that if you are selling coins between $500 and $1500 or so you get a pretty good deal with eBay considering the exposure and all. Below $500 the percentage gets a bit high and above $1500 coins are a bit harder to sell regardless. Seems to be a sweet spot there....

jom