• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

People say that CAC-approved coins cost more but...

38 posts in this topic

Even if cac only increases liquidity that has a quantifiable value that will be reflected at the retail and auction point.

It does increase liquidity because it stands behind what it stickers. If it didn't, it wouldn't. The value-added is its guarantee. That's why it'll think twice on that second coin. It only stickers coins it's comfortable buying back. That second coin is a risky venture for it for the reasons aforementioned.

I assure you that confusion never entered my thoughts.

I'll settle for you at least appreciated the pun on the guy's username. ;)

I absolutely did; thus the reason for the words used in the answer.

PS: I hope we are not abusing the OP Thread. If so, I am sorry.

Respectfully,

John Curlis

I haven't read all of the posts.

But one factor that I haven't seen mentioned yet, is that in many cases, the prices for CAC coins are higher, in large part because market participants know that CAC will pay X for certain coins.

And in cases in which X represents a premium, the bidders/buyers will offer or bid more for the coin, knowing in advance what they can get for it from CAC.

On the other hand, for coins which CAC does not make markets in, in many instances the coins do not trade at much of a premium, if any.

I have thought about your observations.

Setting aside the X factor (no pun intended), It seems to me that if coins of similar grade, as in the example used by DGM,were offered for sale, and the X factor-the CAC logo- was not visible (known) to the potential bidders/buyers, would this be a method of determining the perceived value of the X factor?

Your observations are open ended, and have a built-in qualification -2, actually-

".... in cases in which....", and "...on the other hand....".

I also think an explanation of "...for coins which CAC does not make markets in..." is needed. Are you referring to coins that do have a CAC logo, or don't have a CAC logo?

It would seem we should eliminate the knowledge of the X factor, by using a blind test method, to determine the value of your observation.

Just a thought....

Respectfully,

John Curlis

Since when did every thread have to meet two criteria?

1) CAC must be mentioned

2) Responses are written like legal documents?

(shrug)

I agree. lets start writing only illegal documents. It will certainly be more interesting.

For CAC, we can use a secret spelling in reverse-CAC.

Respectfully,

John Curlis

Since when did every thread have to meet two criteria?

1) CAC must be mentioned

2) Responses are written like legal documents?

(shrug)

I agree. lets start writing only illegal documents. It will certainly be more interesting.

For CAC, we can use a secret spelling in reverse-CAC.

Respectfully,

John Curlis

Speaking of reverse, in the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" when zuzu says "everytime a bell rings an angel gets his wings" if you play it in reverse it says "everytime a bell rings, another coin gets a CAC bean" a little known fact