• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1981 P Kennedy 50c MINT ERROR Reverse Struck Through Rim Burr NGC MINT ERR AU58

3 posts in this topic

Referenced on pg 259 of The Official Price Guide to Mint Errors by Alan Herbert.

They're fairly uncommon, though to many people they look very similar to post-mint damage; this is only the 4th I've seen (I own two, and have seen one other aside from this). The other that I saw for sale was also a common date coin, a quarter, and the seller was asking $15 if I recall. I've had mine at show tables for $20 with no hits. I'd suggest around $10-15 is a reasonable ask.

Clarifying for NGC, there is only one error, it is a "Stuck through rim burr" they're not two separate errors. In case you don't have the reference book, it defines the error: a coin struck through rim burr is a coin which was struck through a piece of metal that held the rim of the coin in place, leaving a thin triangular indentation or piece of metal on the edge of the coin.

Referenced on pg 259 of The Official Price Guide to Mint Errors by Alan Herbert.

They're fairly uncommon, though to many people they look very similar to post-mint damage; this is only the 4th I've seen (I own two, and have seen one other aside from this). The other that I saw for sale was also a common date coin, a quarter, and the seller was asking $15 if I recall. I've had mine at show tables for $20 with no hits. I'd suggest around $10-15 is a reasonable ask.

Clarifying for NGC, there is only one error, it is a "Stuck through rim burr" they're not two separate errors. In case you don't have the reference book, it defines the error: a coin struck through rim burr is a coin which was struck through a piece of metal that held the rim of the coin in place, leaving a thin triangular indentation or piece of metal on the edge of the coin.

THANK YOU SIR!

updated the original post.

asking $15. delivered!