• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auction News And Ramblings by Iowa Silver Baron Bammer

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Teletrade Auction 3328

For those of you who have inquired, my coins are scheduled in Teletrade auction number 3328 to be held a week from today. (I am writing this journal at 12:08 a.m. on Monday morning.) So the sale date will be the 13th. I hope all the coins find a good home.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, or sometimes known as "Collecting Central" I have been organizing all my collectibles, taking pictures, scanning cards and currency and generally just trying to have a place for everything and everything in the proper place.

One thing I have noticed with the photos (actually 3 things I guess) is proper lighting is still key. Yes you do run the risk of glare, but boy the coins show stand out when they are well lit. Another thing I have noticed, and I do not mean to point any fingers, but having both the coin and the camera lens parallel to each other is also key. Sharp focus is key to, I hate seeing blurry images, as then I can not tell anything about the coin. Also, and finally, raw coins seem to be easier to do, I have my raw coins in Air-Tite holders and man do they photograph nicely. I heartily recommend Air-Tites to anyone who has raw coins in their collection.

Well, back to work for a while and then I am calling it a night (or morning).

Journal picture for today is the obverse of a raw 1912 Liberty nickel.

11865.jpg

See more journals by Iowa Silver Baron Bammer