• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS 1823 Capped Bust Half O.110a Ugly 3 NGC XF45 -- SOLD!

3 posts in this topic

SOLD

The most difficult of the 1823 "troubled 3" series, and a Redbook/PCGS/NGC registry major variety. R3.

Only four problem-free XF45's have been seen at auction in the last six years, all NGC. Each sold for $805-$863, according to AMBPR.

PCGS price guide: $975. (Oddly, it is not listed in the NGC price guide.)

Nice, original look, unspoiled. Properly graded, IMO. Slab is flawless too.

Will accept check, money order, cash. $800 firm, to your door. PayPal add 3%.

First to commit gets it.

Lance.

c2427efa.jpg

f0d88afd.jpg

NICE coin!

Up until about four months ago, I owned three, yes count 'em three of these, all EF or better, but none of them ever certified.

I sold my middle one which was just about identical to yours (in fact, I could almost swear that is my coin you have there but mine had never been slabbed).... and have regretted it ever since. True, I still own two, and there's no way in blazes I will be selling them!

Your price is VERY FAIR. I hope someone is astute enough to pick it off right away.

Thanks, James. Yes, it sold pretty quickly. I bought it in its NGC slab but it wasn't attributed so I resubmitted it. Now it's in a nice prong holder with no blemishes.

It's a cool coin with a fun story.

Lance.