• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

From Chicago

8 posts in this topic

Just finished first session of ANR/Stacks sale here. Oh my.......... what an initiation back into the business. I did spend a healthy six figures but prices were very strong and bargains were few and far between! The show seemed a bit quiet to me for some reason, but there was solid activity. The market is very healthy despite some cash flow issues that I don't see as out of the ordinary. The phone and book were very active. Collectors are alive and well.

John

The show seemed a bit quiet to me for some reason...

They were staring at you, John. ooo.gif Disbelief that you had returned only to take them all by storm! 893whatthe.gif

Hope it brings you the success you desire!

Hoot

Cool, I get to disagree (somewhat, at least) with Mr. Maben shocked.gif-

I've been to that Chicago show for the past three or four years and from my perspective, it was busier than in previous years. It has never had the feel of some of the larger, more active shows but it was pretty decent this time. I also saw a good number of dealers there who don't always attend.

John, it was good to see you and to be able to visit for a bit for the first time in a very long time.

great thread and comments john and mark! thumbsup2.gif

maybe if you both can keep posting here

at least on a weekly basis 893scratchchin-thumb.gif maybe more? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif this board will be an even better place to come and visit

possibly you mark and john can post weekly reports 893scratchchin-thumb.gif after shows and major auctions on your overview as such

would be really interesting

i bet many would like this too and create some non contraversal interesting comments from all and even better to read

which makes it more positive laugh.gif and much more thumbsup2.gif numismatically inclined than other boards on this web

michael shy.gif

Michael,

I'll be here checking in at least every other day or so. I'm sure Mr. Feld will too.

I'll be posting a market report on my website beginning post Baltimore convention; but will gladly put my two cents in here as well from time to time and jump in on some of the threads.

John