• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Bought Hawaii posted by DrDarryl

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I bought Hawaii, however it was not an entire island....

I don't have deep pockets like Larry Ellison (billionaire Oracle Corp. CEO) to buy the island of Lanai in Hawaii....

But I did recently buy a HK-548 Hawaii Statehood So-Called dollar to add to my collection. I already have one that is NGC graded MS66. However, this beauty is MS64PL.

NGC census indicates only 6 PL have been graded (3 MS66PL and 3 MS64PL). Total HK-548 graded by NGC is 27.

http://www.ngccoin.com/NGCCoinExplorer/CoinDetail.aspx?UCID=2ESL

Price was a steal on eBay. I did some online research (I remembered a MS64 sold in an April 2012 Heritage auction). That buyer paid $230 without buyer's premium. My recent purchase cost was only 23% of the April 2012 price (and I got a PL version).

Picture is of my favorite beach on the north shore of Oahu. Actual picture taken by me. And yes those are my foot prints. Enjoy...

11620.JPG

See more journals by DrDarryl

That's it! I can't take it anymore! :)

I must make it back to Hawaii! Dr Darryl, your picture is absolutely breathtaking! I won't be happy until those footprints are mine! All the best.

Gary