• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

U.S. Marine Corps' recognition now happening by John M. Robinson II

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Some of the U.S. Marine Corps' finiest are being recognized with a U.S. Mint Medal

U.S. Marine Corps - Montford Point Marines - will be receiving the National Congressional Medal today from the U.S. Senate.

http://www.jdnews.com/articles/montford-105481-gold-point.html

The U.S. Mint will be selling Bronze replicas of the Montford Point Medal. When the Montford Point Marines Museum initially started, back around 2004, I had the privilage of being their "acting Curator," for two years. I met and interviewed many of these Marines.

I do not know the pricing for these Bronze Medals but, I am certain I will be picking me up a few.

Congratulations to Montford Point Marines and best wishes to all military Veterans.

Semper Fi !

See more journals by John M. Robinson II

I just talked to Kelly at the U.S. Mint. The Bronze Congressional Montforf Point Marines Bronzed medal (no silver or, gold coins) will be offered to the public, for sale, at 12noon Tomorrow.

Kelly quoted me the following prices:

3" Bronze medal--- $44.95

1.5" Bronze medal-- $7.95

Best wishes,

Jack