• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One reason for holed coins 1955 dime

8 posts in this topic

Hi all

picked this up today and it shows why some coins were holed .. it is sealed in a heavy plastic

coinsforsale257.jpg

Recived from Bill Fallow 2/14/59 for longest drive on 7th hole INDIAN VALLEY golf course regained from Ken Clark 2/21/59 for an even longer drive same hole

coinsforsale256.jpg

Offered to Ken Clark? on the 18th hole Riverside 2/23/58- but he couldn't match my 300yard drive regained for longest drive 2nd hole FOLO ALTO ? 1/7/58 390 yard hole DRIVE and GREEN

Regained from Ken Clarke for longest drive 13th hole Tilden 1/28/59 poor Ken -sore feet-sore arms-dub-de-dub-dub

coinsforsale258.jpg

I take it these are american courses .. a hole in one :blush:

Cool piece. I believe it likely states "Palo Alto" where you aren't certain about one location and I think the last date is 3/28/59 instead of 1/28/59.

Cool piece. I believe it likely states "Palo Alto" where you aren't certain about one location and I think the last date is 3/28/59 instead of 1/28/59.

Palo Alto Golf Course was started in the 1930s bet there are a nice few coins which have been dropped there over the years

Now that is neat because it has the story and "documentation" to go with it. Without it it is just so much scrap silver. (It's interest and value increases if you know who the people in question are. No I don't.)