• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Latest lot of coins NCS and NGC (grades in)

18 posts in this topic

Hi all .. well the next group of World coins have just received there grading and here they are .. no pictures of the conserved coins .. should be here in a couple of weeks .. what do you think

Cyp1901.jpg

1901 CYPRUS 9P VF 35 .. was sure this one would not grade and needed a clean before it went of to a new home

Ham1732.jpg

1738 IHL GERMANY HAMBURG 8S VF 35 .. seemed in good enough condition to grade under all the muck

France1895.jpg

1895A FRANCE 50C AU 58 .. i have to say a much better grade than i was expecting with this one .. bet it is much better now it has been conserved

France1887.jpg

1887A FRANCE FRANC AU 58 .. not going to complain about that

grade eh!

france1888.jpg

1888A FRANCE FRANC AU 55 !!!!.. i cannot for the life of me see why this coin got a lower grade than the 1887 ?

Sar1894.jpg

1894H SARAWAK CENT MS 62 BN For a bottom feeder like me .. chuffed with the grade on this .. looked good in the hand to me but not that good.

newcastle059-tile.jpg

1799SOHO G.BRITAIN 1/2P MS 62 BN .. i was that sure this one would not grade so i did not tick the Variety + box on it .. shame when it got a good grade eh!

And my only fail of the submition

aus.jpg

(UNDATED) AUSTRALIA KM-TN188 R. PARKER PENNY AU DETAILS ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE

Bet it still looks a lot better now.

I am wondering with you on the French 1887A / 1888A ... the 88A looks like a solid AU55 while the 87A appears more like an EF45 ... wonder if someone's fingers slipped on the keyboard!

I am wondering with you on the French 1887A / 1888A ... the 88A looks like a solid AU55 while the 87A appears more like an EF45 ... wonder if someone's fingers slipped on the keyboard!

? just shows you scans are not the best for grading coins

Nice! The Sarawak cent looks really lovely.

Quick question, did you submit these to NGC in Florida, or do you use the European offices (Switzerland/Germany). I'm UK based and i've been trying to find out how to submit coins to them rather than sending them all the way to the US.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

dooly just a simple question, when you choose coins to send to NGC, are the coins your sending in worth more than the submission cost or sometimes no?

I want to put aside some to submit one day but not sure how to choose

Hi .. a bit of both depending if i want them conserved or not .. and or they are for my collection or resale