• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FSH -- my German States "small change" coin collection UPDATED WITH PICS

6 posts in this topic

When I joined this site, my primary focus was in collecting and acquiring various affordable pieces of what I consider "small change" from various states throughout the Holy Roman Empire. Since that time, after a lot of consideration and contemplation, I think it's time to put that beloved collection up on the auction block, in part to pay off my honeymoon from last year, and in part to finance a trip for next year to a as-yet-undecided location (strongest contender: Oaxaca and the D.F. in Mexico).

So, I guess this may not be entirely cricket, but I'd like to see if anyone out there in Darkside-land has any interest in any items in my collection of around 150 pieces (about 80 different series). Here are the parameters of my collection:

~50% secular principalities, duchies, landgrafs, markgrafs, and kingdoms from 1550 to 1806

~25% ecclesiastical territories, abbeys, and church towns from the late 16th century to 1806

~5% Free cities and towns to 1806

~20% Principalities and free cities, 1806-1871, including Austria

-- Most coins range from pfennig (including kipper and uniface issues) to 1/4 (or Orts-) thalers.

-- Includes one hammered issue -- a Hessen shield groschen from the early 15th century (likely issued under Ludwig I "the Peaceful" or Ludwig II "the Frank")

-- A number (~5) of wildman pfennig and pfenning and mariengrosch issues from both major branches of Brunswick

-- A few mintmaster jetons from German States mints.

-- One copy of Eklund's Copper Coins of the German States (a great reference for small change!)

-- Note that NONE of what I'm selling are post-unification (post-1871) issues (I take semantic and historical issue with 1871-1917 issues being labeled as "German States" series)

Please reply to this thread or PM me if you have any interest in what I may have to sell. If I get any interest in this, I'll post pictures of the areas people request that I target.

Also, have a look at my Ebay for more modern items:

My Ebay

Set of 4 Wild Men + related Mintmaster's jeton: asking $215.00, shipped to the USA.

P6220093.jpg

P6220095.jpg

P6210091.jpg