• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know where to get these price stickers?

10 posts in this topic

No.

I just use the plain old blank stickers you can buy at Staples. (The brand name is Dennison I believe.) They have improved them over the years. Some stickers leave icky residue while the glue on others used to dry up which caused the labels to fall off after 5 or 6 years. Of late they have gotten to be much better. I have stickers now that have lasted for a decade.

Yep I hold my coins for that long and longer. ;)

Edited to say if you go to a major show, one of the supply dealers might have something like this.

Really? I would have though using an inkjet would have been better because the heat setting of the laserprint toner might cause problems with the sticker adhesive.

On the other hand we do use a laser printer for the patient labels at the hospital. But even those say not to try and run the label sheet through a second time.

Really? I would have though using an inkjet would have been better because the heat setting of the laserprint toner might cause problems with the sticker adhesive.

On the other hand we do use a laser printer for the patient labels at the hospital. But even those say not to try and run the label sheet through a second time.

I've never had a problem with running Avery labels through a laser printer, and that's having printed thousands and thousands of SHEETS of labels, amounting to many tens-of-thousands of labels (during physical inventory at my previous job).

However, the typical inkjet printer is notorious for curling the fed-in sheets around a very tiny radius, which causes the labels to peel off and REALLY mess with your printer's innards.

Incidentally, I strongly recommend the "removable" stickers, since they rarely leave any glue residue on the slab. However, despite being removable, they are capable of messing up the old NGC exterior holograms.