• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A first for me and I need a little help from NGC and the forum...

76 posts in this topic

Ok we were both wrong...this was the feedback left for both coins (shrug)

Thank you for being one of the few honest sellers left item is perfect! LOYALTY!

Buyer: Member id themshproject ( Feedback Score Of 3271) Jun-12-12 10:03

1963 Roosevelt Dime NGC PF68 Rainbow Toned ~COLORFUL TONING~ Old Slab (#221030202461) US $32.99 View Item 1963 Roosevelt Dime NGC PF68 Rainbow Toned ~COLORFUL TONING~ Old Slab

So are you going to leave positive feedback in return for him? :devil:

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but ask. :roflmao:

I already did when I received the original payment....I am one of those crazy sellers that leaves feedback when I get paid lol

Thanks for the additional info all and while I privately thanked Mark for his assistance in this mater I will publicly thank him here as well ^^

I don't believe I am going to pursue this any further with the seller...frankly I don't have the time over a $32 coin and if the seller wants to send me an apology via ebay great and if he doesn't then that's fine as well.

Shane, you're very welcome. I will never forget how kind you were when I was having a difficult time, early this year.

Shane, you're very welcome. I will never forget how kind you were when I was having a difficult time, early this year.

Shane and Mark,

You're both stand-up guy's in my book. Very kind of you Mark to enter in on Shane's behalf...as his friend Thank You!!!! And, to all the others who offered support...

Jim

What a situation... E Bay fails so bad at times. It is really a shame that E bay has so many users and is a must for many people.

That is why I finally quit Ebay and being handicapped, I do not now have a venue for selling coins. I used Ebay quite a bit for 14 years but there is no cure for stupid policies being enforced by mistaken people who think that because they have the financial clout (PayPal) behind them where they can throw their weight around even when being ridiculous, mistaken and capricious!

They are a perfect example of a company who understands their charter perfectly well but uses their size to throw their weight around in inappropriate ways. They have no mechanism for correcting mistakes that they make and bluff their way through every instance because they refuse to inform themselves about the products and how to fairly market them to serve their customers, who are buyers, as well as power sellers. As a result, they treat collectors (buyers) very shabbily.

Things like why should I have a negative feedback from a seller who refused to ship 30 even days after I paid him within 10 minutes after I purchased the auction. This should never, ever happen, is abusive and unfair! There is no reasonble review process to rectify like this!

If I ever come back to Ebay, it will be with different policies for their business than they presently have. They are getting rich on fees from counterfeit and altered surfaces, raw coin rip-offs and nobody does anything about it. Their new rules are a window dressing joke.

But, Shane (sorry for the typo), I know that it works both ways and I have had to "huh!" moments as well with coins that I sold which were nice coins for grade, particularly gold and have been told that my clean MS61 has marks on the surface and light wear and rub. It should really look like a MS65 for a MS61 (AU) gold, right!

I have bought quite a few coins from Shane and have no complaints.

Sorry to hear about your issues with Ebay Oldtrader....I have a laundry list of them myself but for now I have to play by their rules even if I don't like them. :tonofbricks:

I haven't listed anything on ebay for 3 weeks now. After they removed a listing twice saying it was not a legit PCGS holder I lost my temper. I had forwarded an email from PCGS saying that the holder was a limited time promotional thing.

That is what I am referring to with Ebay. They do not even bother to find out what is perfectly acceptable product, like Mary's PCGS slab, to the coin marketplace. They make capricious rules, based on isolated "tripping in California" ignorance, and then make everyone live by rules illustrating their ignorance of the coin market and incompleted marketing research.

Who is Shawn?

You must live under a rock.

The discussion had been about "Shane" and the poster mistakenly called him "Shawn".

Who is Shawn?

You must live under a rock.

Thanks for poking your head out of your aass again.

It was a joke just thought it was funny the poster was under the rock. :)

You must me as old and gumpy as he is ;)

Funny man, Copper Toning! I corrected my error, are you going to apologize for being rude and crass? You act like a little kid to be so insulting over something banal like this. You don't know me from Adam and let's keep it that way!

Funny man, Copper Toning! I corrected my error, are you going to apologize for being rude and crass? You act like a little kid to be so insulting over something banal like this. You don't know me from Adam and let's keep it that way!

Who's Adam?

jom

PS: Sorry...couldn't pass on that one.

Who's Adam?

jom

PS: Sorry...couldn't pass on that one.

:signfunny:

Copper Toning, I suspected when I replied that you were a but* head but you just made it a lock that you are. Wait until you get old, funny boy!