• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can anyone help me with CAC coin

11 posts in this topic

The coin is only graded VF-30, and that is exactly what it is. A green CAC sticker only means that the coin meets the grade. It is what the CAC people call "a B coin." Contrary to popular belief, it does not say that the coin is necessarily a + or a PQ coin. Some green CAC sticker coins are, but not all of them. Gold stickers are for coins that look to be rock solid crack out and upgrade candidates.

As for this piece it has the proper amount of detail for the VF-30 and only has a minor spot or two is consistent with a VF graded nickel.

The coin is only graded VF-30, and that is exactly what it is. A green CAC sticker only means that the coin meets the grade. It is what the CAC people call "a B coin." Contrary to popular belief, it does not say that the coin is necessarily a + or a PQ coin. Some green CAC sticker coins are, but not all of them. Gold stickers are for coins that look to be rock solid crack out and upgrade candidates.

As for this piece it has the proper amount of detail for the VF-30 and only has a minor spot or two is consistent with a VF graded nickel.

Actually, the fact that CAC stickered it indicates they thought it was an A coin or a B coin, but not a C coin (or worse). And CAC awards gold stickers to coins which they believe are under-graded.

Actually, the fact that CAC stickered it indicates they thought it was an A coin or a B coin, but not a C coin (or worse). And CAC awards gold stickers to coins which they believe are under-graded.

It is a "B" coin so far as I'm concerned. I see no justification in calling it an "A."

They should have put the sticker on the slab so that it obscures the view of the coin. :devil:

Nah. The left that space for the seller so he could put his price sticker there.

jom

It appears to be a really strong coin from the standpoint of surface quality and original character. The images are not the best, though, so it's tough to say for me to decide for sure whether VF-30 seems "right". My gut reaction is that it's a bit weak for the grade, BUT it might be significantly sharper "in hand".

At any rate, that's a DIFFICULT coin. I don't think I'd even care about "the grade" (or the sticker).