• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1956 Jefferson Nickel NGC MS67 by lehigh96

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Obtained a 1956 Jefferson Nickel NGC MS67 from Teletrade Auction #3267 for $250 and 81 registry points.

The coin was won using a max bid of $400.

1956 5C MS67: NGC Census: (19/0). PCGS Population (0/0) (5/12).

Auction: 3267 Lot #1251

Seller: Teletrade

Auction Ended On: April 29th, 2012

Description:

A stunningly lustrous and remarkably clean coin with a hammered strike ta boot. Superlative in every facet of grading: surface preservation, luster, strike, and eye appeal. A mesmerizing example from a forlorn decade.

Comments:

This is a bold statement, but this coin is the highest quality nickel I have ever seen from the 1950s. The luster is so strong that it is almost unbelievable. Surfaces so clean that you need a loupe just to find one. And a strike that makes you think there is no way it was minted in the fifties. The detail in Monticello is completely full, all windows and doors as well as the steps. Unfortunately, the coin missed the 6FS designation; NGC must have felt that a shallow scratch interrupts the 2nd to 4th steps in the very center. I disagree. I knew from the Teletrade photos this coin was a monster but when I saw it in hand, it almost knocked me off my chair. One of the finest coins in my entire collection.

11356.jpg

See more journals by lehigh96

Unfortunate that this coin didn't receive the 5FS designation. In total agreement that this coin is beautiful in every facet. What a strike!