• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin Photography Help?

35 posts in this topic

I have the feeling that this is much more accurate! :)

I agree with Tom. The earlier photos you could tell it was way too red...even the slab was red. This one is a lot better but still seems a bit reddish (the slab is too). Or it might just be my monitor or whatever. It IS much better than before though.

I have a Nikon D3000 and it has a WB "manual mode" where the camera takes a sample of a shot and internally adjusts the WB. I have a gray card I put on the copy stand, I turn on the lights for a few minutes (to warm up) then I go to the WB setting and take the sample photo. Does your camera have a similar mode?

jom

I have a Nikon D3000 and it has a WB "manual mode" where the camera takes a sample of a shot and internally adjusts the WB. I have a gray card I put on the copy stand, I turn on the lights for a few minutes (to warm up) then I go to the WB setting and take the sample photo. Does your camera have a similar mode?

jom

Yes. That's exactly how it worked. Thanks for the feedback!