• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

National Numismatic Collection posted by DrDarryl

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I once took a date to see the the National Numismatic Collection ...

http://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/group_detail.cfm?key=1253&gkey=50

One of the best things about living in the Washington DC metropolitan area is the richness in historical artifacts. I intentionally look for new experiences in the area. As such, I also like to share my interests. On one occasion I took a date to visit the National Numismatic Collection to share my interest in coins. She was enthralled with my hobby after viewing some of the rarities on display.

I also like to point out that every so often the Smithsonian Institution holds a book sale. I need to research this further. On an antique shop junket in Maryland, I came across a few coin books stamped as property of the Smithsonian Institution. The shop owner said he purchased books from one of their sales. Needless to say, I put them on eBay and made a tidy profit.

Mmmm....I need to plan a few antique shop junkets as soon as the summer weather sets in.

11161.jpg

See more journals by DrDarryl