• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My CAC visit today. More pics added!

91 posts in this topic

I think that CAC is a real boon for type collectors. It would be nice to study and know every nuance of every US type issue in order to avoid being burned, or just to know that you have a coin that is good for the grade. However, we can't all be Bill Jones!

They provide an additional layer of security for those who want a single, choice example for their set.

I think this is an excellent point!

BTW, I know it is often referenced that it is John Albanese who is the one whose opinion is highly valued, but do we know that he reviews all submissions? From this site, we know there are two others, one of which is Bill Shamheart:

"And twenty years later, with the inception of Certified Acceptance Corporation (CAC), I was again recruited to be one of three graders."

Shamheart Bio

***Shamhart****

Bill's the real deal. I actually would take his opine the heaviest on Commems and Walkers over that of John's. MJ