• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Austrian 1765 Overdate ? over denomination ?

8 posts in this topic

Hi all intresting coin out of the job lot .. looks to have a overdate and a 2 over 0 in the value ? also where do you look for the mint on this type of coin .. cheers

newcastle050-tile.jpg

pestcontrol057.jpg

pestcontrol056.jpg

Dooly,

In this case I believe you are looking at a non-mint marked example from Vienna (Wien). Typically on talers the mint mark would be below the imperial eagle on the reverse ... sometimes two letters, one on either side. Your example does not have this and the abbreviations around the coin are the typical verbage of whom and what she owns.

Great set of coins in this latest lot. :)

Dooly,

In this case I believe you are looking at a non-mint marked example from Vienna (Wien). Typically on talers the mint mark would be below the imperial eagle on the reverse ... sometimes two letters, one on either side. Your example does not have this and the abbreviations around the coin are the typical verbage of whom and what she owns.

Great set of coins in this latest lot. :)

Cheers for that .. thought i was going thick .. :insane:

Looks like a KM 1814. It does look like the 2 could be cut over a 0 and the date does look like it could be a 5/4. Such an overdate is not listed though. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist though.

Looks like a KM 1814. It does look like the 2 could be cut over a 0 and the date does look like it could be a 5/4. Such an overdate is not listed though. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist though.

cheers conder101 .. yes its a shame about the scratches or it may have been worth NGC'ing it and getting them to verify if it is a unlisted overdate ..

I think that they should put forward new things to the "approved" people when something shows up ? just an idea