• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mid April Happenings by Iowa Silver Baron Bammer

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

3 more Sacs plus pictures

Well, coin purchases have been very few the last 6 weeks or so. I did add 3 silver ATB proof quarters; Mt. Hood, El Yunque and Denali to my competitive set. Plus, as my teaser says, I added 3 Sac proofs to my set; namely the 2004, 2010 and 2011. I must admit I like the changing reverses; really fits in with my collecting theme.

I mentioned in an earlier journal I have really been sorting through my coins. Since NGC made the "No PCGS" in the world sets, I decided to go through all my sets. I think I will go to all NGC. Not that I really like this, especially with my proof Westward Journey nickels. But it does give me a chance to really make a commitment to my theme and goals of collecting. One good result of all this is my decision to do more currency. I believe everyone knows I do like currency, so a few less sets of coins will free up a little cash for some nice currency. The 2 pieces of currency I really want (the Chief silver certificate and the Bison Legal tender) are really pricey (fairly substantial 4 figures) so maybe I can start putting some money away for them.

Otherwise, all I have been doing is working with my pictures. I do read with interest NGC's changes on size. I am going to test it here. My journal picture this time is the obverse of my 1918 Buffalo nickel.

See more journals by Iowa Silver Baron Bammer