• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2004 P Roosevelt Dime MS 68 FT

4 posts in this topic

Still catching up on recent additions.

This is another coin that has plagued me for about 2 years. I filled in all the other coins from 1999-2004 in MS 68 FT, however I couldn't pull the trigger to pay $300+ for this coin in PCGS plastic. That coin still resides on the Bay. I settled for an NGC MS 67 FT, but just wasn't happy with that coin. I looked through and bought as many mint sets or mint set coins as I could find. For the first 20 or so months the best I thought I could muster was a 67 FT. I saw lots of FT coins, but again many of them were MS 66 or lower grades, some of them really bad.

Year: 2004 P

Grade: MS 68 FT

Registry Points: 575

NGC Pop: Top Pop 6/0

Purchase Price: Self Made

Well here's the really interesting part - I ended up finding 2 in a month that I just couldn't decide which was nicer. So, I started to agonize over which to send, and was sure that the one I finally decided to send would probably come back 67 FT and then I'd be mad at myself. In order to not second guess myself I decided to send both, well guess what - they both came back MS 68 FT - so the pop went from 4/0 to 6/0 in one submission.

Sold the "spare" on the Bay and paid for about half of my submission. Sweet!

The Keeper has a deep, full strike with above average luster and is quite beautiful. This picture isn't the greatest, sorry about the quality folks.

Enjoy your weekend!

Todd

11060.jpg

See more journals by TD Henson

Wow that's amazing and this coin is off the eye appeal charts! Beautiful luster and a strong strike, it just does not get any better, that is of course unless you have two! Way to go, I see you have an exceptional eye for Roosies!

Gary (thumbs u