• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The New NGC Registry Image Uploading Enhancement Also Works for Collectors Journal Images by JAA USA/Philippines Collection

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Thankyou NGC for freeing us from the 200 KB image restrictions for Registry and Collectors Journal Images!

On 4/10/2012 NGC anounced "TWO ENHANCEMENTS TO THE NGC REGISTRY" ngccoin.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?IDArticle=2674&Registry

To Quote NGC: "Registry enhancements include image uploading and more scores for XF, AU, Plus- and Star-graded coins.

In an effort to provide the best experience for Collectors Society members, we have made two enhancements to the popular NGC Registry. The first change has already been released although most people probably haven't noticed it. A common issue for many Registry users was the 200 kb maximum size for images uploaded to a Registry Set. Many people wanted to add larger images, and the new NGC Imaging Services provide high quality images that had to be scaled down to fit in a Registry Set. For those without image editing software, this could be challenging and time consuming. Now, using the same technology as many social networking sites, the NGC Registry allows users to upload images of any size without prior editing. This upload tool appears identical to the old one, but automatically optimizes the images for website viewing. All images can be uploaded quickly and hassle-free."

Although NGC announced that the image uploading enhancement was for the Registry I was hopefull that the enhancement would also work on the Collectors Jopurnal. I ran a test for this morning by uploading a 3.6 MB photo of the Manila Mint and the image uploaded quickly and hassle-free.

Thankyou NGC for freeing us from the 200 KB photo limit.

The attached image of the U.S. Manila Branch Mint was uploaded from a 3.6 MB JPEG image file.

11041.jpg

See more journals by JAA USA/Philippines Collection

Outstanding! and don't forget the XF and AU enhancements. I have several AU coins that will qualify for increased point values based on AU-53, 55, 58, instead of a single value for all AU coins (I found no change for AU-50 coins). In fact my 1903-S Philippine Peso has already been updated to reflect the AU-53 grade of the coin as opposed to the flat AU value.

Gary

I saw the points change when it took effect... knocked me back 12 slots in the registry ranking, but I'm glad to see it done. I'm also happy about the image change... saves me a step using Photoshop :P

Nice pic of the Philippines Mint!