• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

California Mystery Medal Update... posted by Cal Gold "Token" Guy

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

A number of opinions exist concerning the "mystery" medal about which I wrote an earlier journal entry

Well, there were a number of opinions about the "mystery" California medal which appeared in an earlier journal entry. One person thought is was a modern (dremell) alteration to a 1925 California Diamond Jubilee Medal. Most folks believed that is was an alteration of the 1925 medal. Malcolm had an interesting theory that unsold 1925 fobs/medals were reconfigured for use at the 1937 Golden Gate Bridge Fiesta Celebration.

Since I have owned two of these altered medals, I think, for the present, that it was a 1925 Medal re-done for the 1937 Fiesta Celebration (and not a modern "hobo" medal).

I have appended an image of a real 1925 California Diamond Jubilee Medal (with ribbon). Compare this one with the earlier medal. Thanks for all the input! Cal Gold 'Token" Guy

10977.jpg

See more journals by Cal Gold "Token" Guy

Cool, coin research is such an enjoyable pastime. thanks for giving us a followup. Sometimes this board leaves you hanging. :)

Malcolm