• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kennedy Halves posted by Eagles-R-it

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Circulated or uncirculated

I need some help here from some Kennedy half collectors. I was under the assumption that after 2002 and including no halves were struck for circulation. I ask this because I got a few bank rolls to snoop through and nearly all were 2005 and 2008 with a few other dates from 2003 on up to 2009.

A Kennedy half education is needed here. Thanks to anyone who can help.

See more journals by Eagles-R-it

You can buy rolls of 2003-2009 P&D JFK's any day on e-Bay. Although none were released to banks for circulation, many rolls were sold by the mint to collectors. I assume that after cherry-picking, many were released into circulation and ended up in bank rolls. That's my 2c worth.

Definitely agree with GTD. I dump my less-than-choice coins at the bank, where they go back to the armored carrier, back to Brinks, Brinks re-rolls them, and the banks give 'em back out again. I've personally returned 2002's, 2003's, 2008's, 2009's and 2011's 50c into circulation.