• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Online coin buying help.

4 posts in this topic

I am trying to find a different website to buy silver coins from that accepts paypal and bill me later. I always buy off Ebay, but I recently had Ebay revoke my selling privilidges and limit my buying due to me changing my info on my account when I moved. I have just had it with Ebay.

I have seen the big online coin retailers such as APMEX.com, GoldenCoin.com and a few more but they have mostly bullion that is priced decently.

I am looking for any website, auction or not, that sells RAW, Certified, BU silver coin rolls, error coins with out a huge mark-up.

They MUST accept Paypal and bill me later. Please reply with some suggested sites, I really appreciate it.

Also, I have a Teletrade acct, but I have never bought from them. Anyone care to share some experiences with them and or share some tips?

Thanks guys!

-Dave

SM,

I am in exactly the same deilema as you, as I have just moved to another state and closed my accounts there. Ebay is now telling me I need to link a NEW bank acct to be able to buy now on Ebay. I also do not understand it, as my CC should still work. I have had to pay with a Personal Check once now, and with a MO on the other. It is very frustrating not to be able to pay, all of a sudden. They say it is for protection purposes. Maybe So...

I really do not want 6 months to pay for an item either, as I am afraid I will forget about it. Great Collecto'r accepts cc cards over the phone......

Thanks Jim

i have bought off teletrade with mixed results. mostly good. once i got a slab that was so scratched up i had to send it into n.g.c. for a new slab.just 30.00 or so to do this. but i live in california so on top of buyers fees i get shafted with cal.sales tax. great collections is also a good sight never had any type of problem with ian. even accepted a large ticket item for a return without question and put the money back on paypal without haste.both accept paypal. i have had no dealings with heritage auction house but folks rave about them.

Thanks! I checked out Great Collections and I registered earlier today. I appreciate your opinions and help. Ebay was good for a while, and the only major problem I have using Ebay is that some buyers are never satisfied. My last straw with Ebay was them not doing anything about a buyer who clearly abused Ebay buyer protection. The buyer demanded a refund and made claims about the coin not being described correctly. He returned the coin, I examined it again and saw absolutely nothing wrong. He was mad that he overpaid by 15 bucks.

I also got tired of uneducated buyers who don't know a Morgan dollar from a Barber Half.

But thanks again!

-Dave