• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doolys latest pickups

31 posts in this topic

Hi all thought i would start a bit of a thread on my latest mission hunting world coins down .. the good the bad and the ugly deals.

I lay myself bare before you all for ridicule :devil:

picked up tonight

KGrHqNh0E9RUFWsFvBP8Ne4JDQ60_12.jpg

KGrHqNHJDME9S2DbWBP8Eoq1760_12.jpg

will do some pictures when they arrive

Picked up tonight foe opening bid (and no description)

KGrHqRloE9H3MylsbBPZiylu9pQ60_12.jpg

I know which one i cannot wait to have a closer look at :applause:

and another lot

KGrHqZogE9c9GnFh-BPZjY3RpQ60_12.jpg

Picked up tonight foe opening bid (and no description)

KGrHqRloE9H3MylsbBPZiylu9pQ60_12.jpg

I know which one i cannot wait to have a closer look at :applause:

and another lot

KGrHqZogE9c9GnFh-BPZjY3RpQ60_12.jpg

Hi all well these coins came today check it out I know what i feel about the lots what do you think about them

newcastle957.jpg

first are tokens one well battered with a ship on one side from 1794, second a Birmingham half penny with a bird on one side and "brittania" 1792 on the other (Birmingham Swansea and redruth around edge) and the 3rd is a Coventry half penny 1793 with man on horse and the elephant & castle on the other

newcastle960.jpg

the next lot is two Italian 1862 coins one 5 & 10 mint mark M & N (not the rarest of coins but ok condition

the 3rd is an 1861 B 4 Kreuzer coin,never had one of these before and i was surprised at the thickness of the coin 13.5g

the next group are a 1769 Irish half penny at 7.4g so could be a contempary forgery then a East India Company half anna from 1852 in nice condition. the last one on this group is a 1830 Russian one kopeck which seems to be a quite low mintage Type 3 eagle type

newcastle961.jpg

the next big lot is more my kind of stuff :applause:

first is a cornwalis Britain rule "evasion" half penny dated 1771 and only 5.9g

2nd is a William III 1699 2nd reverse farthing at 5.0g

3rd is a William III farthing which seems to have the 1696 date or is an error 1000 and only 4.0g so also may be an evasion

4th coin is a George II halfpenny dated 1756 which is a total evasion as halfpennys were never minted at this date and at 8.8g (well chuffed with this one)

5th one is a George II halfpenny dated 1749 and is 9.2g

6th one is a very nice condition William III halfpenny at 10.2g

newcastle956.jpg

now for the more tricky ones .. this is a lot of 4 "hammered" coins

newcastle958.jpg

the bottom right one looks to be a card token

the top right is a Philip & Mary groat type 2 1554-1558

not sure on the other 2 but look to be eurpoean to me hopefully someone on hear can help

newcastle965.jpg

The last one from this lot is unknown to me at the moment but i seem to have something sitting in my grey matter that i have seen the like before in a book with the crown over a letter C ? Denmark ?

newcastle964.jpg

Well not a lot of USA stuff to find this week so i went hunting "other" this is what i have managed to pick up .. All pictures are sellers .. will do some of my pictures when they turn up

KGrHqFHJFQE92yimYbBPfeqUMpC60_12-tile.jpg

KGrHqNhME9EJJpZSvBPeKumpqg60_12-tile.jpg

KGrHqRlIE9RoyrdvHBPgykuWDg60_12-tile.jpg

The last one from this lot is unknown to me at the moment but i seem to have something sitting in my grey matter that i have seen the like before in a book with the crown over a letter C ? Denmark ?

newcastle964.jpg

UPDATE:

after much research I have managed to find this coin .. it is a French colonies (west Indies) Stampee large size (12mm) C1779