• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DELAWARE HALF MOVES TO DESK ONE MORE TIME posted by DM Merrill Associates, Inc.

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Third Time Will Hopefully be The Charm.

On two previous occasions, the University of Delaware Football teams have played for the National Championship: 1-AA.

This year the Women's basketball team has had their best season ever. Ranked 7th in the national polls; 30-1 record, with their only loss to #5 Maryland; undefeated in their conference; and a 3 seed in the NCAA tournament.

Their first round game is Sunday evening in Arkansas, so once more my Delaware Commemorative Half will sit in a place of prominence on my desk. And, on Sunday evening, I'll be glued in front of the TV, fixed on ESPN2, and clutching that half dollar for good luck.

Go get'em Blue Hens! FEAR THE BIRD!!!... and the Delaware 50 cent.

See more journals by DM Merrill Associates, Inc.

Thanks for the positive responses.

They are a special team, led by a super star:

#1 HS recruit in the country, 2008.

Leading scorer in NCAA this year.

The academic all-american player of the year.

Dedicated to her sister (10 miles from campus) who was born deaf, blind, cerebral paulsy, can't speak. They communicate only through touch.

She is supported by a cast of unselfish, hard working ladies. Without jealousy. 4 seniors gave up starting roles to backup underclassmen with more talent, for the good of the team. That doesn't happen often these days.

They are SPECIAL!!!