• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kudous to the U.S. Mint for a great new product

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

2012 Birth Set - The perfect Baby Shower Gift!

I revieved an email from the U.S. Mint this morning announcing their "2012 Birth Set". This is a great addition to the mints product line and a wonderful way to introduce numismatics to individuals who do not normally purchase mint products. My daughter is expecting her first child in August and a "2012 Birth Set" will be the perfect Baby Shower Gift.

"A precious memento to mark the arrival of a newborn baby in 2012, is the first Birth Set issued by the United States Mint. We have filled it with 2012-dated proof coins from San Francisco and included spaces for a welcome message and the day/time of the birth and length/weight of the baby, a baby photograph and a lock of the baby's hair.

Each set includes a proof Kennedy half-dollar, the first America the Beautiful® quarter released for the year, a Roosevelt dime, a Jefferson nickel, and a Lincoln cent coin, each bearing the "S" mint mark of the United States Mint at San Francisco.

Photo frame holds a 3" x 4" photograph."

10873.jpg

See more journals by JAA USA/Philippines Collection

First, congratulations on your new addition to your family.

Thanks for sharing the info on the Birth Sets. I did not know about them. They ARE a pretty good idea.

Best wishes,

Jack

I've been following this product since the Mint announced it... I ordered 5 sets today, as they are actually the first proof coins for the year, a sort of mini-proof set. I will be sending them in for grading as soon as they arrive!

and gratz to the expecting parents and grandparents!