• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collecting goals set direction with a purpose...

1 post in this topic

Two months down and 2012 is shaping up to be a great year for my collection!

I've been recently heavily focused on improving my Roosevelt dimes through submissions of my own. I would like to have this set heavily dominated, say 50%, with self made coins and replacing as many of my PCGS coins through natural attrition as I can, although I know this will be a largely unpopular statement.

Received back all 21 coins I sent for grading in February and made some nice Top Pop additions to my set. Currently 23% of the dimes in my set and self made.

I've also vowed to move into the classic capped bust half dime series. Haven't had the money to work on either a high grade AU or low to mid-grade unc coin yet, but all things come in time. Joined the John Reich Collector's Society (JRCS) last month to help build some knowledge about these coins - can't wait to see my first issue of the John Reich Journal. Bumped into their web site over Christmas week and knew right away I needed to be a member. www.jrcs.org

Incidentally, today at lunch recieved a Rutherford B. Hayes dollar from the soda machine - don't have a clue how it happened - put a $1.25 in the machine and received $1.15 in change... Go figure. I promptly spent it as a donation for diabetes research when I stopped at the local pizza joint.

Enough rambling...have a great evening.

Todd

See more journals by TD Henson