• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a bunch of Peace Dollar Toners ... either awesome NT but look AT

39 posts in this topic

I agree AT, but I think some of these coins look a lot like this slabbed example that sold for $1,740.00

http://images.goldbergauctions.com/php/lot_auc.php?site=1&sale=31&lot=618〈=1

Nick

I stand corrected... How did NGC let that slide by ? Hmmmm.

My guess: It was only on one side...maybe that is why they felt it was MA. That's my guess anyway....

jom

I agree AT, but I think some of these coins look a lot like this slabbed example that sold for $1,740.00

http://images.goldbergauctions.com/php/lot_auc.php?site=1&sale=31&lot=618〈=1

Nick

I stand corrected... How did NGC let that slide by ? Hmmmm.

My guess: It was only on one side...maybe that is why they felt it was MA. That's my guess anyway....

jom

Agreed. The Goldberg coin is definitely more convincing than the ones in that link ATS.

why not show the PCI holders and why crack them out? thats odd too. Peace toners that look like that go for massive $$$$ so why not submit them?? I also know the thread, its ATS

He has posted a response to this inquiry. Of course it has a "story" about it.

If he is actually selling the ones he says he is, and for the $100 he is asking, then either newbies who don't know better, or "artists" that are going to try to score, are buying them. I hope it isn't the newbies who don't know better :(

23 of them, IF they could get PCGS slabbed, would NOT be flooding the market for toning like that. IF they could get slabbed by PCGS, then he is leaving AT LEAST $2000, in my opinion, on the table that could be his.

However, IF one is sure they aren't going to slab, then one is best to sell raw and have a story ;)

sellers like the one hawking the AT Peace dollars I just add the username to my "ignore user" list ATS. That way I can check my list before even considering a transaction with someone in the future. I often forget why someone is on the list, but mere presence on that list tells me to RUN FORREST, RUN!

sellers like the one hawking the AT Peace dollars I just add the username to my "ignore user" list ATS. That way I can check my list before even considering a transaction with someone in the future. I often forget why someone is on the list, but mere presence on that list tells me to RUN FORREST, RUN!