• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spain wins lawsuit over shipwreck recovered coins.

32 posts in this topic

Was this the treasure recovered on the treasure salvage television show that ended after 1 season, a few years ago? They said in the last episode that the coins were taken to an undisclosed location in Florida, and stored in sea water buckets, as per above. Then (if I can recall after 4-5 years) there was a David Lange cameo appearance, which told me exactly where the treasure was, and made me wonder why the show was pretending to keep it secret, at all???

1 kg = 2.2 lbs

Yes, but I don't think I would pay too much attention to the Kg makings on those buckets. Those appear to be either four or five gallon buckets and the one open one appears to be completely full. Water weighs about 8 pounds per gallon and a full bucket would weigh about 32 pounds (Salt water even more). Silver coins weigh about 10.3 times as much as water. Assuming 20 of the volume is made up of the gaps between the coins a full bucket would weight approximately 263 pounds or 120 kg.

Or the Kg figures could be right, each bucket only contains a small number of coins, and they simply filled the one bucket up to the top for the cameras. That is probably the most likely answer.