• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Handled my first major rarity today. - Photos added.

38 posts in this topic

Shouldn't the 25C be resubmitted since you saw it in hand and believed it to be uncleaned and PR64 or there abouts?

To be 100% honest NGC got this one right. The coin looks good in hand until titled in the right light, then you see some light hair lines.

Shouldn't the 25C be resubmitted since you saw it in hand and believed it to be uncleaned and PR64 or there abouts?

To be 100% honest NGC got this one right. The coin looks good in hand until titled in the right light, then you see some light hair lines.

I thought it was acceptable for proofs to have some hairlines. If ou look at some proof pattern Large Flying eagle Cents you typically see some hairlines.

I thought it was acceptable for proofs to have some hairlines. If ou look at some proof pattern Large Flying eagle Cents you typically see some hairlines.

Proofs almost always have some hairlines - some of them with extensive ones - and they still grade. So, either there is more wrong with the coin than "light hairlines", or NGC erred. And my guess is the former, not the latter.

Proofs almost always have some hairlines - some of them with extensive ones - and they still grade. So, either there is more wrong with the coin than "light hairlines", or NGC erred. And my guess is the former, not the latter.

I would say the coin has enough hairlines to call it cleaned. You have to tilt it at the right light but it is there. Some call it light, and other would say not so light. You cannot see it in the photos. These are in the fields mainly. Fuzzy memory as I have not seen the coins in a few weeks.