• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calling Conder101

8 posts in this topic

You have some VERY early slabs there. The Peace dollars and the 84-O are in ACG 1 slabs. At the time the book came out I believe they were the very first ACG slabs. Later I found an even earlier one which I have in my records as ACG1.1 although I may change that to ACG .5. I'd really rather not have a number less than 1 though. Anyway your 78-S and 02-O are in the ACG 1.1 slabs.

Oops hold it. I made a mistake. The 78-S and 02-O ARE in ACG 1.1 slabs but the other four are NOT ACG 1 slabs. Congratulations you've come up with a slab I've never seen before. Those slabs would have come between the ACG 1.1 and the ACG 1. The major difference between ACG 1.1 and ACG 1 is the large label which you can see are clearly different. But the ACG 1 also has a registered symbol inserted after the ACCGRADE and before the number on the small label. Your slabs don't have that symbol. They have the small label of 1.1 and the large label of 1. This definitely links the three slab types together and establishes the emission sequence.

Before you ask, I have no idea what the 91 means. I have also seen Accgrade labels with 42, 51 and at least one other number. I would suppose there are others. I think the missing 91 on the 02-O is possible a typo of some kind.

All of these almost certainly date from 1984.

Any of these available? I could use one of the new slabs for my reference collection.

Before you ask, I have no idea what the 91 means. I have also seen Accgrade labels with 42, 51 and at least one other number. I would suppose there are others. I think the missing 91 on the 02-O is possible a typo of some kind.