• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eye Witness to History:The Battle of Manila - Additional Picture posted by JAA USA/Philippines Collection

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Picture of destroyed public building

This picture was taken by my father in Manila during February or March 1945 shortly after the Battle of Manila. Note the army tents and fuel drums in the foreground and the almost total destruction of the public building in the background.

10495.jpg

See more journals by JAA USA/Philippines Collection

My grandfather flew B-24s in WWII over the Pacific doing recon and (he passed away a few years back) now I am in possession of quite a few of the pictures he took while over there. He has some of Leyte and Biak islands and some others as well.. quite interesting stuff.

Fascinating, I was always a ETO war buff, never paid much attention to PTO and never heard of the Battle for Manila. Thank You so much for teaching me so much about your coins and the history behind them. I am now considering adding my own Philippines Tyipe set once I finish my Ike Proofs and Jeff Wartime Nickels.

Later,

Malcolm