• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Latest addition to my type set: 1831 Bust Half

11 posts in this topic

I wanted to share photos of my latest addition to my personal collection. I liked the way this coin seems original to me. There is a bit of blue album toning by the date that didn't show well in the photo. This half is an excellent match to my bust half dime. Now if I can find a quarter in XF-AU...

1831-cbh-au50-o.jpg

1831-cbh-au50-r.jpg

Nice looking piece, Carl. I'll bet that album toning is a lot more vibrant in person!

Hoot

Thanks for the nice comments!

I'm glad I bought that proof Walker when I did. Also my proof Buffalo. I don't think I could afford them now as both have gone up in price and I have less to spend.

Now that I have a better camera setup I should dig that Walker out of the safe deposit box and try for a better photo. If I do I'll post it here.

Terrific coin!

Is it even possible to get more bang for the buck than an old bust half? Here's a comparable 1831 I just purchased within the last two weeks:

k183119_.jpg

JUMBO IMAGE

..... and it only cost $65 .... from a dealer !

thumbsup2.gif

James