• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool auction article

7 posts in this topic

It's interesting, because (although I don't rely on adjective grading terms) I always thought that the meanings were as follows:

Select Uncirculated: MS62

Choice Uncirculated: MS63

Very Choice Uncirculated: MS64

Gem Uncirculated: MS65 and MS66

Superb Gem Uncirculated: MS67-MS69

Perfect Uncirculated: MS70

It's interesting, because (although I don't rely on adjective grading terms) I always thought that the meanings were as follows:

I agree. Based on other errors in the article, I would not trust it completely (to wit "almost uncirculated"... AU = ABOUT uncirculated).

Regarding MS-66, I call it "very gem" in my descriptions, MS-67 I call "superb gem", and MS-68 I call various names, depending on my mood lol ! I think I used "exalted gem" once.

Good information for auction-writers. This probably would be better in the Numismatic General section, not the marketplace.

Want to buy the rest of the article? :roflmao:

I agree. Based on other errors in the article, I would not trust it completely (to wit "almost uncirculated"... AU = ABOUT uncirculated).

Regarding MS-66, I call it "very gem" in my descriptions, MS-67 I call "superb gem", and MS-68 I call various names, depending on my mood lol ! I think I used "exalted gem" once.

:preach: Thanks for the words of wisdom :)

I love the term "exalted gem," it sounds much more interesting to me. :)