• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC TO REMOVE PCGS COINS FROM WORLD REGISTRY

101 posts in this topic

Why don't you guys go across the street and blow off about that!

JMHO

MM

I guess that we will just have a double Cool Aid industry in coin collecting! You can now drink the NGC Cool Aid or the PCGS Cool Aid.

I had switched much of my coin buying over to World Coins in recent years because of the Cool Aid wall with US coins and registries at NGC. I have not paid PCGS any money for years because of their insular and insulting treatment of customers and now NGC wants to be just like them!

So, let me see if I understand this? Since PCGS won't adapt uniform grading standards for world coin grading, NGC is going to punish collectors, not PCGS, for this by eliminating all PCGS coins that are presently residing in NGC sets. Punishment of the innocent to try to get to the guilty. This is being done to include all coins that are already registered to NGC sets and have been in my case for several years? So you are after the fact punishing me for some disagreement with PCGS? That is childish of you!

This hobby continues to astound me with its stupid management principles and selfish, oafish behavior towards loyal customers. I joined this site as one of your first 20 members to collect coins, not jump through selfish dealer ego hoops.

Look around NGC, look at the economy! Be careful because you are driving coin collecting towards a liquidity crises by splitting the market for brand of slab liquidity in a bad economy. When precious metals dry up and the volume lowers, you will not be as liquid and it will hurt your business. Both of the grading companies are driving themselves off a cliff being selfish, parochial and childish. I anticipated PCGS being childish and absurd because they always have been but now you are becoming them as well!

World coin dealers take note, your throat has just been cut in market liquidity by TPS parochialism!

Would it make sense for NGC to offer a cross over special for PCGS coins currently in the NGC world coin registry at half their normal price? By sharing the expense of this cross over, this good will gesture will help repair any damage to their reputation.

Would it make sense for NGC to offer a cross over special for PCGS coins currently in the NGC world coin registry at half their normal price? By sharing the expense of this cross over, this good will gesture will help repair any damage to their reputation.

That might make sense for some folks, but a lot of us have zero intention of crossing over our PCGS coins to NGC holders.

Best Regards,

George

This hobby continues to astound me with its stupid management principles and selfish, oafish behavior towards loyal customers.

Look around you. It is not just this hobby. The management principles at MOST large business's today has nothing to do with customer satisfaction anymore. It is all about profits and the bottom line. Banks trying to fee you to death, cell phone companies limiting data, Cable limiting downloads. It has absolutley zero to do with the customer being happy with service.

MM

This company offered a place for collectors to accumulate and display their diverse graded collections. While this change is inconvenient, it is not the worst thing that could happen. The market will surely fill the void, and collectors will be better off for the change.

This hobby continues to astound me with its stupid management principles and selfish, oafish behavior towards loyal customers.

Look around you. It is not just this hobby. The management principles at MOST large business's today has nothing to do with customer satisfaction anymore. It is all about profits and the bottom line. Banks trying to fee you to death, cell phone companies limiting data, Cable limiting downloads. It has absolutley zero to do with the customer being happy with service.

MM

If you round your shoulders and let them do this to you without asking to be treated fairly and your liquidity is adversely affected, you will lose without ever firing a shot!

I don't have any registry sets but I have been wanting to. Im not 100% how to do one correctly, but thats another issue.

I can see this from both sides of the glass, but I have to agree with all the other members and collectors against this change.

I have family who are CEO's of corporations and knowing how they operate their business, if they were NGC and noticed registry sets with both NGC and PCGS slabs in them. They would probably think that if the members on here are using both NGC and PCGS slabs in their sets, but only lets say 5 out of 20 slabs are PCGS, why don't we get them to cross over the coins? and if they don't we can just disqualify using PCGS graded coins all together, and if members don't like it, they can go join PCGS. But NGC went a little to far with this issue. (tsk)

But on the side of members:

You guys on here that are saying why not keep PCGS but adjust the scoring system are 100% right! I know many members have NGC only sets, but don't "punish" everyone :pullhair:. I've looked at some sets and they are terrific!

Why not make certain conditions for members who choose to have mixed sets? How about allowing members who want to have mixed registry sets, but limiting the benefits they would receive of having an all NGC set? (shrug)

NGC is a corporation, and like many other corporations, want to gain the most business and profit. I think that this is an indirect "loyalty test". NGC wants to see what their members will think/do if they remove PCGS as acceptable for registry sets, and if members will stay and live with the change, or leave.

Its not the best way to handle this, but I guess the force of walmart and how they operate is pulling NGC into its orbit.. :(

As of February 1st I will be removing my Newfoundland sets all of which include both NGC (the majority) and PCGS. I have taken the time to included great photos and descriptions of each and every coin in my sets. Once I pull my sets there will be almost NOTHING to look at in the Newfoundland section of the registry because only a tiny handful of users took the time to add a photo and description and that includes the top award wining sets in the Newfoundland area (I never understood giving an award to a collection of certification numbers). I'm very sad about this, when ever I wanted to show my collection to someone I would always go to the registry and show off my sets.

To say that removing PCGS from the registry will improve the registry is pure HOGWASH!

NGC will be losing a great tool for folks wanting to research and see some great world coins.

I'm just so disappointed in NGC words can not describe my displeasure and frustration.

Also do not over look the journals section of this site there are many other outraged members who feel that same way.

Jim

I have both NGC and PCGS COINS IN MY SETS. I DO NOT LOOK FOR ONE OR THE OTHER AS FOR THESE COINS ONE USUALLY PAYS A PREMIUM TO BUY THEM AS THERE IS SOME ASSURANCE IN PURCHASING THEM THAT THEY ARE GOOD ORIGIONAL COINS. MORE IMPORTANT TO ME IS THE COIN IN THE HOLDER.

AT AUCTION, THE PGCS COIN WILL OUT PERFORM THE NGC COIN HEAD TO HEAD FOR THE SAME COIN AND SAME GRADE. THAT TELLS ME THAT ONE MAY HAVE AN EDGE UP OVER THE OTHER. IF IT MEANS THAT MY PCGS COINS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, FINE, I WILL REMOVE MY SETS AND STAY ON NGC TO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH THE GOOD FRIENDS I MADE HERE. IT WILL KILL MY SPIRIT TO COMPETE WHEN A GOOD NUMBER OF MY COINS GET DESELECTED FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN THE COLOR OF THEIR HOLDER.....THAT WILL END OR STOP THE PURCHASE OF REGISTRY COINS BY THOSE WHO WILL GIVE UP ESPECIALLY IF THE KEYS OF THEIR SETS ARE IN PCGS HOLDERS AND THE COST TO MOVE IT OUT IS NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE, SO DEMAND WILL DROP, AND HENSE MARKET SHARE AS PCGS IS TO SMART NOT TO GRAB THIS OPPORTUNITY TO ACCEPT THOSE WHO ARE NOT HAPPY WITH NGC.

IF NOT THAT, THEN I AM SURE THAT SOME ONE WITH COMPUTER SKILLS WILL FIGURE A WAY TO ALLOW US TO KEEP OUR SETS COMPLETE AND A NEW WEBSITE WILL STEP IN TO RESOLVE OUR PROBLEM AND END THE CORPORATE GREED. FIRST THE MINT, NOW THE TPG COMPANIES......OH WELL, WITH THE MAJORITY OF THE REGISTRY MEMBERS HAVING PCGS COINS IN THEIR SETS, LIFE WILL GET LONELY WHEN 80% OF THE MEMBERS OPT OUT AND GO ELSEWHERE.

GARY, THANKS FOR GETTING THE WORD OUT FOR US TO THINK ABOUT IT!

ALAN

It all seems like more victimiless armed robery to me on collectors so beaten down by the wovles that they can nolonger protect themselvedfor what is almost armed robbery! Fleecing the innocent, thievery at its finest! But you don'care, ylou are ammoral robber barrons preying on collectors. With you enabalers and your deceptice paracutes and you totol lack of a human soul or a human heart