• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My First MS66 Morgan posted by Shane Connerly

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Morgan Addition MS66

My first MS66 1879 Morgan, added this one threw E-bay.... and very happy with this high grade addition to my set. This was after my MS65* graded 1879 S added two weeks ago. I have learned that not all coins are as beautiful as others regardless of grades. The more you study Morgans the more you come to appreciate and learn the beauty of each strike and sheen. To think of the age of these coins and how long they had to sit with no transactions taking place when a dollar really ment something. My strive is still to find thoughts diamonds in the rough, that coin that is raw and loved with no reason other than someone had stored it in a safe place and just wants to get rid of it! My journey propels me in to 2012 with great finds ahead of me. Best!

See more journals by Shane Connerly

You have now entered the world of wonder and beauty that is the high grade Morgan Dollar. High grade Morgans are indeed a sight to behold. One of these days I'm going to buy an MS-67 example, until then my MS-66 CAC 1882-S will do just nicely. Congratulations on the pick-up. You have value and desirability in your coin. High grade Morgans will go up and down with the market some, but I have found in a year of tracking that they hold their own while the other ones have more dramatic changes in value. All the best collecting Morgan Dollars.

Gary (thumbs u

Morgan Addition MS66

My first MS66 1879 Morgan, added this one threw E-bay.... and very happy with this high grade addition to my set. This was after my MS65* graded 1879 S added two weeks ago. I have learned that not all coins are as beautiful as others regardless of grades. The more you study Morgans the more you come to appreciate and learn the beauty of each strike and sheen. To think of the age of these coins and how long they had to sit with no transactions taking place when a dollar really ment something. My strive is still to find thoughts diamonds in the rough, that coin that is raw and loved with no reason other than someone had stored it in a safe place and just wants to get rid of it! My journey propels me in to 2012 with great finds ahead of me. Best!

See more journals by Shane Connerly

Good one . I have been collecting Morgans for some time. I have all Morgans from 1880 CC to 1885CC including the 1880CC reverse of 78 all as GSA. I have most of the other dates in MS64 OR MS65. I pick them up when I can get a good deal. Don't have a 66 as I have been concentrating on the more scarce issues.Just need the 1889CC, 1893,CC , Most of the 94s and the 1900 0-CC then I will look at the 66 etc.