• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Breaking News! First Release added to line-up.

35 posts in this topic

Nice one Noow.... Hey...wait.....you could be onto something.... hm

Would that strike qualify as a "liquid asset"?

(Somebody let Jay Leno know his new writing staff can be found right here on the forum...)

^^

If "First Releases" and "Early Releases" mean the same thing to NGC, then what's the point of having two different labels??

Because some fool out there will pay more for a FIRST Release than a mere Early Release.

This also opens the door for SECOND Release coins received during the second 30 day period! (And Third, Fourth, Fifth ......)

If "First Releases" and "Early Releases" mean the same thing to NGC, then what's the point of having two different labels??

Because some fool out there will pay more for a FIRST Release than a mere Early Release.

This also opens the door for SECOND Release coins received during the second 30 day period! (And Third, Fourth, Fifth ......)

P. T. Barnum and I agree with you.

Last evening out of boredom, I watched for the very first time the American Auction Network. Last evening was COINS. I find it hilarious the attention that all these ' SPECIAL " designations are receiving . I was so confused ! Now today I get an e-mail from NGC with their " First Release " . All this nonsense is nothing more than a scam being played out by the top tier grading services with strong backing from hawkers such as these late night Coin hawker companies. Give me an old VG10 1806 Draped Bust quarter any day.

I have a few early release silver eagles but it was not on purpose. There have been a few times that I have purchased them on EBAY because I needed ti fill a gap. I prurchased the most inexpensive Silver Eagle of the desired grade and year at the time and it happened to be an early release . Not because of the label.

All you have to do is look at the frenzy of some people regarding the 25th Anniversary Set and whether they could get an early release designation. If I have a 2011 Silver Eagle with a "W" mint mark by NGC with a regular label and a Silver Eagle of the same year and same grade with a 25th Anniversary label then the coins have the same value for me.

NGC is catering to a demand they see out there. As PT Barnum was supposed to have said......................................................................................