• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Breaking News! First Release added to line-up.

35 posts in this topic

I am breathless after receiving the following email from NGC:

New NGC First Releases Designation and Label

NGC is excited to announce First Releases designation for US and World* coins. Complete with the term FIRST RELEASES noted as part of the description on the special blue label, this designation is assigned to coins received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within their first 30 days of issue.

Requesting First Releases designation and label

As of January 1, 2012, this new NGC First Releases label is available as an alternative to the Early Releases label. Eligible coins include bullion, currency and numismatic coinage issues.

The current Early Releases label will be the default on your submission invoice, so be sure to request the First Releases label if applicable. Other special and series-specific labels available from NGC may be used in combination with the First Releases designation.

Note: Early Releases and First Releases will be grouped together under the First Releases designation in the NGC Census. Both designations indicate a coin was received by NGC within the first 30 days of its release.

Requirements to submit for First Releases

Coins can be submitted for the First Releases designation using the Modern Special Tier (or higher), as well as bulk submissions. There are no additional conditions required for the First Releases label, though the standard Early Releases requirements must still be met.

Coins sent directly to NGC do not need to be accompanied by original packaging or shipped in sealed US Mint boxes, but must arrive within 30 days of issue.

Remember, the First Releases label must be requested

on the submission invoice!

Use this special NGC designation to show that your coins are the first from the Mint! For more information about First Releases, visit NGCcoin.com, or call customer service at 1-800-NGC-COIN.

If "First Releases" and "Early Releases" mean the same thing to NGC, then what's the point of having two different labels?? Especially since, in my opinion, neither of them really mean what people think they mean anyway. Please NGC (and PCGS), stop with the label-game and start focusing on grading coins for numismatic value again.

Just my 2c .

If "First Releases" and "Early Releases" mean the same thing to NGC, then what's the point of having two different labels?? Especially since, in my opinion, neither of them really mean what people think they mean anyway. Please NGC (and PCGS), stop with the label-game and start focusing on grading coins for numismatic value again.

Just my 2c .

Here here

I want more " +++++++++++ " :)

doh!

First Strike

Early Releases

First Release

What's next???

Water Proof?

jom

Airtight?

Waterproof and Airtight!

And Early Strike as Sagerad said.

doh!

First Strike

Early Releases

First Release

What's next???

Water Proof?

jom

Airtight?

Waterproof and Airtight!

And Early Strike as Sagerad said.

Prime strike?

Last evening out of boredom, I watched for the very first time the American Auction Network. Last evening was COINS. I find it hilarious the attention that all these ' SPECIAL " designations are receiving . I was so confused ! Now today I get an e-mail from NGC with their " First Release " . All this nonsense is nothing more than a scam being played out by the top tier grading services with strong backing from hawkers such as these late night Coin hawker companies. Give me an old VG10 1806 Draped Bust quarter any day.

I don't understand what the difference is between early release and first release. I don't understand why suckers would pay more money for this, either.

Perhaps there was a request from a TV marketer to make a product that would generate an elevated level of excitement in their suckers ... uh ... customers. The way I see it, as long as someone keeps paying extra for silly label types, it keeps the cost of their numismatically relevant services from going up. I've said the same thing ATS.

NGC is working on a new label called "Late Releases". Only coins minted in the last month of the calendar year are eligible.

^^

doh!

First Strike

Early Releases

First Release

What's next???

Water Proof?

jom

LMAO... Perfect.... :roflmao:

But seriously.... I have to concur with other here.... Early Release, First Strike, etc.... come on really??? I thought we were interested in coins, not labels???!!!

I don't understand what the difference is between early release and first release. I don't understand why suckers would pay more money for this, either.

I do. Because there are suckers who will pay even more money on the after market.

Mark my word -- PCGS will have to "follow the leader", and will probably invent some "extra extra special designation" for crossover of such coins.

I do. Because there are suckers who will pay even more money on the after market.

Mark my word -- PCGS will have to "follow the leader", and will probably invent some "extra extra special designation" for crossover of such coins.

I guess I understand that.....As Barnum Bailey said "There's a sucker born every minute"....

doh!

First Strike

Early Releases

First Release

What's next???

Perhaps a resealable pull tab label that covers the entire holder. If your interested, you can pull back the label to see the actual coin.

First Strike

Early Releases

First Release

What's next???

Perhaps a resealable pull tab label that covers the entire holder. If your interested, you can pull back the label to see the actual coin.

HAPPY ENDING RELEASE!!!!!!

First Strike

Early Releases

First Release

What's next???

HAPPY ENDING RELEASE!!!!!!

Eeeeeewwwww...... I don't want to know what that label looks like!

List so far of possible money-making designations

Early Release

First Strike

First Release

First Day of Issue

-

Early Strike

Waterproof

Airtight and Waterproof

Airtite (wait, NGC would get sued)

Early First Strike

Late Releases

Late Strike

Sooner or later the mint will have to make a Water Proof- a proof coin meant to be stored in water.

Nice one Noow.... Hey...wait.....you could be onto something.... hm

Would that strike qualify as a "liquid asset"?

(Somebody let Jay Leno know his new writing staff can be found right here on the forum...)

I got s0me better ones NGC can try the following

Early Release

First Strike

First Release

First Day of Issue

-

Early Strike

Waterproof

Airtight and Waterproof

Airtite (wait, NGC would get sued)

Early First Strike

Late Releases

Late Strike

the new ones are !!!!!

Bomb proof

Fire proof

Tornado proof (for the ppl who are on the midwest)

Hurricane proof( for those who are in the coastal regions)

Earthquake Proof (California Residents)

Indestructable

Theft proof- GPS inside the case- for an added fee u can get the

indestructable case added

Glow in the dark cases- now u can see your coins at night and find them

Hidden message cases- Only seen with a black light

Soil proof- In case u want to bury your treasures