• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I picked up LOTS of Cool stuff at GSNA :) (MUCH Pictures; MUCHO toning!)

8 posts in this topic

Just photographed a few of my new coins from the GSNA show... I had some fun doing some buying! smile.gif

First, the guess the grade--my favorite purchase from the show... the reverse not only has amazing color, but also dripping lustre--you I should create a gallery of the lustre from all my pictures where I moved the light slightly--I just chose one to post. It's graded by ANACS.

1942s_anacs_obv_sm.jpg

1942s_anacs_rev_lustre_sm.jpg

1942s_anacs_rev_ton_sm.jpg

NGC MS66:

1938d_ngc66_obv_lustre_sm.jpg

1938d_ngc66_obv_ton_sm.jpg

1938d_ngc66_rev_lustre_sm.jpg

1938d_ngc66_rev_ton_sm.jpg

NGC MS66: (Oh so ridiculously close to FB... a teeny bit flat on on the center of the middle band :|... but that made it cheaper laugh.gif) Actually, my first slabbed Merc... and my third or fourth MS ever... In an old, fat slab

1945d_ngc66_obv_sm.jpg

1945d_ngc66_rev_sm.jpg

PCGS MS66: Royal blue is rarely seen on nickels laugh.gif Sorry that the reverse picture sucks... need more time for it... it's blue all over.

1957_pcgs66-21475862_obv_lustre_sm.jpg

1957_pcgs66-21475862_obv_tone_sm.jpg

1957_pcgs66-21475862_rev_sm.jpg

Super-Old PCI MS63... at least 64FBL now (just to show off the double cartwheel laugh.gif) I bought it so I could have a picture for a history project on 1948... good buy laugh.gif

1948_pci63_obv_sm.jpg

1948_pci63_rev_sm.jpg

...and an endroll toned buffalo for good measure laugh.gif (it's raw... go ahead and grade it!)

1937_endroll_obv_lustre_sm.jpg

1937_endroll_obv_tone_sm.jpg

1937_endroll_rev_lustre_sm.jpg

1937_endroll_rev_tone_sm.jpg

Enjoy and tell me what you think... and don't forget to guess the grade!!!

Jeremy smile.gif

Those are terrific images, Jeremy. thumbsup2.gif I'd have to agree that the War nickel was your best purchase, in my opinion. I won't venture a guess since I saw the coin in-hand already.

Those are terrific images, Jeremy. thumbsup2.gif I'd have to agree that the War nickel was your best purchase, in my opinion. I won't venture a guess since I saw the coin in-hand already.
That toned roosie is a close second wink.gif

Actually, I'm happiest with the war nick... then the merc. It was a great price, and is SO clean and so close to FB... plus the toning is smooth as cream and on fantastic lustre smile.gif

Jeremy

Jeremy,

Your Frankie isn't colored... And, have you ever considered saturating your images a bit? I'm guessing that, in person, the toning is much more vibrant.

Regards,

EVP

Your Frankie isn't colored... And, have you ever considered saturating your images a bit? I'm guessing that, in person, the toning is much more vibrant.
As noted, I got the Franky for the date... and the slab... and posted the picture to show off the cool double cartwheel thumbsup2.gif

As for saturating images... nope, never do it. Occasionally I'll adjust brightness/contrast to get rid of slab glare, but other than that, what you see is what you get. I've found that I'm pretty close to dead on with color most of the time. The album toned Jeff was a pain--if I'd taken some time, I'd have gotten a better image. These were all quick shots.

Mind you, I didn't touch any of these images at all--I just cropped them as fast as I could to save time. I'll probably reshoot most of them sometime soon, anyway... summer break is near 893applaud-thumb.gif

So your selling that '42 nickel to me when? And don't say "When pigs fly".. 893naughty-thumb.gif

wink.gif

Ok... if the price is right, I'll sell it...

And I won't say when pigs fly. We'll keep it to kosher animals... when properly slaughtered cattle fly wink.gif

This gander's too picky to be honest on these but I betcha because of the toning, the TGC's were quite generous with the grades. Likely MS66-67's if I've learned anything. The ANACS coins may be MS66 and 65. Nice coins though!

Leo