• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grades by Richard R. Rodriguez CPA

7 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Got my coins and I am learning.

Well live and learn and be careful. Took a chance on a 1875 Trade

dollar and turnes out it was not genuine. Still the

1879 S graded 65+

1880 cc 63

1881 S 64

1882 S 64

1884 O 64

1872 .50 Proof(details for imporper cleaning)

Careful what you wish for careful wht you buy.

rod

10130.JPG

See more journals by Richard R. Rodriguez CPA

Rod,

Great first submission, I had more than my share of Details coins at first but never a non-genuine. I think those Trade's are frequently copied. Beautiful pic BTW.

Happy Holidays,

Malcolm

Richard,

For a first submission, that was pretty good honestly. Don't beat yourself up too bad on that at all. Just like you, many of us here have seen our fair share of details coins. It's a learning experience to say the least. You're off to a great start, keep up the good work. I wish you the best in your future.

-Chris#2

Nice brother. I too had a recent submission come back strange.

all Morgans:

1882 CC came back "dip residue"

1884-S AU53

1893 P AU55

1899 P MS61

1901 P AU50

I actually bought the 1884-S for XF money and thought it would come back in a purple slab!

Also, I bought the economy tier, NGC "received" them on 12/07 and are already in route back home! So besides my 1882 CC I am very pleased!

P.S. its only my second submission

Nice 1879-S by the way! I could use it for my "San Fran Cuties" Morgan set

nick

Nice 1879-S brother!! Dont feel bad, its a learning experience. I sent alot of Morgans in just to have them come back lower that what I thought. Lessons learned. As for Trade Dollars, I have to agree with Beawchan.. I got alot of Details grading back.. all cleaned. Never personally heard of one coming back not authentic.. sorry to hear about that news.