• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GSNA Show Report for Friday, May 14

6 posts in this topic

As you may know, I decided to skip school for the GSNA show today--NJ's largest show scheduled once a year. I figured since I took 4 AP exams in the last two weeks, with my last this past Monday, I deserved a day out of school.

First things first, my car's tail light needs replacing. This is good because I got to take a better, faster car

When I got to the show, I headed where I always head at the local shows... Tom Bush's table. We chatted for a while, and then I set out to look for some nice stuff. I ended up with a few raw toned moderns, a 1964 proof JFK that has nice mirrors and good frost (one hairline... should easily CAM), an endroll toned 1937 (D?) buffalo, a 1968 or '69 proof set with a DCAM JFK, a 1948 MS63 (super-old PCI) half dollar that is just about FBL that I need for a picture, and an album toned NGC 66 38-D with nearly full steps.

I then talked with Tom some more, and got a cool mottled Roosie in PCGS 66 with a good amount of royal blue... a color that you rarely see on dimes. Through the course of the day, I did a good amount of looking, and a lot of talking. Barry (PCGS forum) met up with us for a little bit and showed off an awesome 1918/7 SLQ. I also ended up with a 1970 proof set with a toned cent and frosty JFK... I hope I made Russ proud.

I finished the day off talking with a dealer who's got some spectacular toners... cases and boxes full of rainbow morgans. He's holding a few, and I'll be back tomorrow. I also saw an absolutely jaw-dropping Delaware commem in a fat-NGC MS65. Tom and I agree that it's an easy MS66*, with full tab toning, and astounding neon colors. The coin was being offered at 3x sheet for 66. I want that coin!!!

Now, about the show in general. Floor traffic was somewhat light today... dealers seemed to have a phenomenal day yesterday, with Tom Bush saying he sold much of his material yesterday. Tomorrow is expected to be heavier... my conclusion is today was a working day for most... tomorrow is the weekend.

When the show was over, I went out to dinner with Tom and his table-mate Bob Beels. Lots of good laughs (many of which at my expense) and an all-around fun time.

I can't wait to head back tomorrow.

Jeremy

It was good to see you, Jeremy, and I'm also glad to see that you gave a report. thumbsup2.gif There is a my report on the US Coin board and I think I left out many details you included.