• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

different generations of slabs posted by cemonice

8 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

id like to educate myself a little

i would like to start researching info on the different NGC generations in slabs...

i am quite fascinated with the black slabs especially.

note to self: maybe try to keep my eyes open for exhisting black slabs...possible purchase?

Do the cert numbers run sequentially in order of coins graded throughout history?

possible book exhist? articles?

is there anyone out there who is educated in this that would like to teach? im always here!

thanks

nick

See more journals by cemonice

Here is some info and there is actually a website someone created to this exact subject, I cannot remember the address but someone will likely make a post with it.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2248404&page=1

From what I can tell the serial numbers are not in order because when I became a member they gave me 5 blank submission forms that I could use tomorrow yet the serial numbers are from 2 years ago.

That is interesting, I have never seen a black slab, I wonder if they did sample slabs like PCGS did. I have one of those sample slabs with a Roosevelt Dime.

Thanks SW.

Later,

Malcolm