• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need advice on unopen two set US MInt box ASE 25th Anniversary

5 posts in this topic

I just got my two set Friday. I am wondering how much is the cost per coin and for the mint display box to be returned. I am up in the air about this because I can hear the loose coins when I tip the box side to side. Thinking about just sending the two unique coins in for grading. Already have the other three graded 70's. Looking for thoughts on this. Deadline coming up.

Happy Collecting

Ed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

Since you just received them, I am assuming that you were on the waiting list. If so, the sets that you received were very likely returns from other buyers who were dissatisfied with the condition of the coins. This has happened before with other "sold out" issues, but the Mint just sends the coins to the next buyer on the list rather than removing them permanently from their inventory.

Since you can hear the coins moving around inside, I think it would be a waste of money submitting them without opening the package, first, to check them for damage.

Chris

Hi, If it were me, I'd still send them in sealed to NGC for the 25th anniversary label, whether or not they get there by December 8th for the early release designation, which is no big deal. So what if a couple of the coins are damaged and get downgraded, I'd just hope for the best. If unsure of what to do, I'd just wait and reconsider the options, before taking the irreversible step of opening.

I sold both of my boxes of fives sets each sealed. Made enough and put the money into other coins.

I always like to hear from people who don't play by the rules!

Chris