• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Curse the US Post Office posted by Smitty's Pocket Change

13 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Sitting on the docks, not by the bay

Here we go again, I have a box of 5 sets of the 25th Anniversary Sets SEALED sitting at the Sorting Facility at Sandston, VA since 11/19. Just missed early release. My patience with the US Mail has gone out the window. Tomorrow I am filing a complaint with the head knocker at USPS in DC.

I guess I will have to rive 100 miles to get the darn box.

See more journals by Smitty's Pocket Change

How about this one.

I bought some coins from seller in Europe.

I have tracking number.

Sent: 11-17-11

Received by USPS on 11-18-11! Less than 24h to arrive to USA.

Still waiting..

I know that package is coming from Europe and it must pass customs etc, but 10 days and counting = booooring :D

I feel your pain, :flamed: however I think the early release goes by the postmark rather than the arrival date at NGC. If you ask me all 25th anniversary sets should be early release because they were all minted by the sale date. My submission took 11 days to arrive at NGC.

Gary

My Son had two- One set Orders that both got cancelled by the Mint last week. Yesterday he got a notice that one of those orders had been resurrected, with a tentative ship date of 12/12. Maybe someone elses order didn't payoff, or they got returns. Something's going on.

I feel your pain, :flamed: however I think the early release goes by the postmark rather than the arrival date at NGC. If you ask me all 25th anniversary sets should be early release because they were all minted by the sale date. My submission took 11 days to arrive at NGC.

Gary

Sets need to be received at NGC by Dec 8th for the early release label from what I had read in the "Ask NGC" section.

Talked to Sarah on last Monday and she said that the coins must be at the location by 12-8-11. So as long as they are at their location by the date, they can be received by them at a latter date. It's taking NGC a while to get through all the influx of cases of coins.

It seems to be a exercise in patience, What a terrible way to get some of our most desired coins. We receive them and can't look at them until we spend weeks sending them to NGC for grading. Then I need to wait for the registered delivery from NGC. The payoff is spectacular.

Larry

I hope you get your grades in 2 weeks. Im thinking Ill have some status by Christmas.. ha ha ha.. Mine sat at NGC for 3 days (no status.. not counting the Holidays of course.. if I did, it would be 8 days) and now it has the "received" status going on 3 days now. As I stated in other threads, I have never had any submission done by the turn around time.. never never never never.. I once had coins take 2 months under the Express tier.. just saying.

Some folks got theirs back pretty fast because they have the inside scoop.

"Some folks got theirs back pretty fast because they have the inside scoop."

I think it's more luck than anything else. Mine were delivered on Thursday 11/17, "Received" Monday 11/21, "Scheduled" Wednesday 11/23 and sent to "Quality Control" yesterday 11/29. I saw a post from another Collector's Society member who mailed his the day after I mailed mine and already has the graded coins in hand.

I'm curious as to how a European customer would have rec'd 25th Sets from the Mint, and be able to turn the Set around so fast. Didn't the Mint start shipping about the end of the the 1st wk in November? I hope that no one is running a game on you.

Mine are in the mail from NGC received Nov16th sent out Nov 28th but sat on hold because of the holiday in Quality Control. One forum member got his back in 9 days turn around and he doesn't know anyone there. Like the man said "luck of the draw"