• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wondering where some of those Anniversay Sets went to? posted by walnutto

8 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Hundreds of sets??

Here an email I just received from ParadiseMint:

2011 American Eagle 25th Anniversary Silver Coin Sets

This is the set that sold out in approx 5 hours at the US Mint. The mintage was half of the 2006 20th Anniversary Sets. While we have hundreds of sets coming in or at NGC. We do still expect to sell out quickly so don't delay.

Hundreds??? Hmmm...talk about abuse and lack of any consideration over greed and sheer profit!

They are selling raw sets for over $1000 a pop too and so is ModernCoinmart.

Sad....so sad!

See more journals by walnutto

They probably have tons of workers who get paid their hourly wage to order 5 sets. Or someone might have written a nifty little program to sneak in tons of orders through the system. Paradisemint is a great company to buy 2011 modern PF70UC coins from I just got a 2011 NGC clad 10C PF70UC for $9.58 with shipping. So they aren't total scammers.

This is true. I know alot of folks got emails from these companies offering to buy their sets.

Paradise Mint is a good company to do business with. I bought all my PF70UC statehood quarters from them... WAY UNDER FMV!!!!

I for one have nothing good to say about Pardisemint. I "won" a MS69 NGC graded coin from them back when I was on a 60 day deployment. Once I got home and saw the coin in person the coin had a very bad "knick" on the front of the coin - not the slab. I dont see how in the world the coin got a MS69 in the first place. Nevertheless, Paradise Mint agreed to take it back. Sounds good right? Nope, a few weeks later I ordered some coins straight from their site. The canceled my order. I also had my mom, who lives in another town, place an order. They canceled it also. I emailed them and asked why. They were very rude and said that they did not want to do business with someone that returns coins (even though they say they take returns). I then tried to get them to take me off their mailing list since I cant do business with them any how. Nope, they continually send me emails. I hope I get the chance to see these fine people in person one day...

JStars, your story reminds me of a experience from them. Ordered a PF70 set and got 2 coins with easily noticeable marks on them. Like you said, I have no idea how they were tagged the grade and I felt they should have been caught and sent back to NGC for a appearance review before sending them off to me. In my case they were odd in comparison to the rest of my 70 collections and I wasn't happy about having them. When inquiring if they could do a exchange for me they were trying to respond with a kickback type response of saying it's a 70, it not a perfect coin but it's was the highest graded rating that you bought. Like you got what you ordered because the label said so. Hearing your story made me think. A bit prickly. They did offered a refund which was the right thing to do but I never had coins come to me quite like that before and I was stuck to be paying for the shipping costs in the end. Sometimes you just have to suck up a loss, say it was a bad coincidence and get over it which may have been the case with my experience with them but it's good to hear other reviews like yours and others for best buying choices out there and especially if there is a lack of attention to customer service coming from a certain place.

I for one have nothing good to say about Pardisemint. I "won" a MS69 NGC graded coin from them back when I was on a 60 day deployment. Once I got home and saw the coin in person the coin had a very bad "knick" on the front of the coin - not the slab. I dont see how in the world the coin got a MS69 in the first place. Nevertheless, Paradise Mint agreed to take it back. Sounds good right? Nope, a few weeks later I ordered some coins straight from their site. The canceled my order. I also had my mom, who lives in another town, place an order. They canceled it also. I emailed them and asked why. They were very rude and said that they did not want to do business with someone that returns coins (even though they say they take returns). I then tried to get them to take me off their mailing list since I cant do business with them any how. Nope, they continually send me emails. I hope I get the chance to see these fine people in person one day...

I had an issue just like this. I bought a 2010 MS69 Eagle from them. On the reverse the "A" in STATES was damaged, like somebody took a flat head screwdriver and tried to removed it. Now, I have no idea how NGC could let this coin leave with a MS69 grade.. still has me puzzled. When I contacted Paradise Mint, they quickly told me to return it and they would refund my money. Never had any issue with them. This story really shocks me.