• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2011 25th American Silver Eagle Set This Guyu Ordered 20 SetsYour Opinion

43 posts in this topic

My opinion is greed. I think the mint should focus on security to help prevent people from taking advantage of their system. For instance, if they did an address check, this would have prevented him from buying 20 of them.

The U.S. Mint could care less. They claim they hold their regular customers in the highest regard. Apparently a regular customer for them is somebody who has never ordered from them before and never will again or somebody that hasn't ordered in several years and won;t order again. That apology was just to keep the real regular customers ordering their high mintage coins year after year.

i have listened to YOU for 2 weeks.(chab).i kept my optimistic opinioin to myself.you are just a jealous loser that can not deal with reality.you need help.there are people that never got 1 set.they are not complaining.so why are you?your just a big complainer and we are SICK OF IT!you want to complain?tell the mint,but please stop putting down all of us.i've seen 2 year olds act better than you.

i have listened to YOU for 2 weeks.(chab).i kept my optimistic opinioin to myself.you are just a jealous loser that can not deal with reality.you need help.there are people that never got 1 set.they are not complaining.so why are you?your just a big complainer and we are SICK OF IT!you want to complain?tell the mint,but please stop putting down all of us.i've seen 2 year olds act better than you.

I am a jealous loser? You are the one that isn't dealing with Reality. I have mentioned several times that my main focus is the Morgan Dollar. I have also mentioned several times that I started collecting the A.S.E as merely routine and just filled them in every year to keep up to date.Here is the hypocrisy.

1. The U,S. Mint put put an explanation that it had the highest regard for its "Regular" customers. This is nonsense. A regular customer is not somebody that has never purchased anything from the U.S.Mint or hasn't in several years and won't order anything again and gets all of their friends and relatives in the same circumstance to do it also.

2. Most of the Price increase in this Modern issue in the regular years has been in the price of Silver going from $5.00 to $34.00 . There was hardly any increase unless it was the 70 grade before the year 2000. Since that time the 70 grade has been rather common and I understand that this year is double the 69 grade.

3. Because people bought the set that had never purchased the A.S.E before and did not understand the mechanics of it then they opened the set which makes three of the five coins just as common as the ones already released for 2011. This will put an increased mintage on the others as the will have the same label as the others even though they are from the set.

4. The frenzy to make a temporary profit as to being an actual collector of the series.

I collected the series since they were issued in 1986 and even got subscriptions as soon as possible so it was automatic each year.

Here is where you are being naive. The same situations would have occurred above even if I had received a set.. Being jealous is not a factor. If people want to be sheep and continue to purchase the series from the U.S. Mint which will not increase in value much unless the Price of Silver continues to rise and the U.S. Mint will try to do better in the next five or ten years than they need to go for it.

The same situations would have occurred if I had received a set. The Series has been ruined because of it. The opened sets already have three useless coins. Most of the ones where the Sellers have claimed that they are unopened are 5 sets. Even if I was willing to pay the outrageous inflated prices I would have to purchase all five sets and send all five sets in for grading.What do I do with the other 4 sets?.

The series has been ruined for me all because of some selfish people who haven't purchased the series before and never will again for a few hundred dollars profit.

Only a person who was not a true collector would not understand this and would accuse somebody of being Jealous.

Continued ) Who is "WE". I have already stated that if the sheep want to continue the Hypocrisy of it then they are most welcome to do it.

If you are sick of it then why not ignore any titles that concern the "25th Anniversary" or my name?. I have complained to the U.S. Mint and I have just as much right to express my opinion as yourself.

Again. I have detailed the Hypocrisy of the events. A true collector would not accuse a true collector of being jealous under these circumstances . You are free to express your naivety and/or guilt an long as you don't falsely accuse somebody else.

Dear true collector, You are hereby blocked until the ranting, raving, rationalization, and self justification has ceased. Sincerely yours

Keep in mind the Silver Eagle is a bullion product, and has become the symbol of American sovereignty to silver investors around the world. The popularity has little to do with the Registry game.

I was equating the demand for certified (specifically 70's) with the number of registry sets. I am sure there are many thousands of casual collectors who collect ASE's and pay a small premium to the current silver price. You will have a hard time convincing me that these bullion collectors are going to pay thousands of $'s for 5 bullion coins.

The reason these are selling for so much is demand... hm

Even if I was willing to pay the outrageous inflated prices I would have to purchase all five sets and send all five sets in for grading.What do I do with the other 4 sets?.

1. The problem is that the Mint prices were outrageously low.

2. You could sell the other 4 sets for a handsome profit.

Even if I was willing to pay the outrageous inflated prices I would have to purchase all five sets and send all five sets in for grading.What do I do with the other 4 sets?.

1. Regardless of the Mint Price, these prices are too high for a modern issue.

.2. I have mentioned that I have purchased the sets mainly because of the Silver content and only one set a year.

3. I have no desire to pay these prices and then have to try and get rid of the other four sets,

4. If I did not think the Price of Silver was going to rise even further I would sell my Silver eagles.

I got away with five individual sets, then sent them in for grading, wishing I would have just bought five in one box. Live and learn. I know I can take them out of the slabs and put them back in the holder if I want, but the unopened boxes are gone. Gaming the system is everywhere you go, and it's never going to stop. For many, greed is the American way.

I'll agree, with such a low mintage, why they would even have a 5 limit per family anyways, it just seems senseless when they know the coins demand should be similar to the 20th anniversary sets. My personal motivations? I'll let two go, and hopefully they will pay for the other three. Same deal with individual boxed sets, I could have let two go and they would still have paid for the other three. These are money maker coins, and it's not easy finding that these days, coins are so hoarded up, I was glad to get on board.

If Chabsentia seems a little arrogant, well maybe he is, he claims to have been posting here when the rest of us were in diapers, well good for him, you label me, I'll label you.

I got away with five individual sets, then sent them in for grading, wishing I would have just bought five in one box. Live and learn. I know I can take them out of the slabs and put them back in the holder if I want, but the unopened boxes are gone. Gaming the system is everywhere you go, and it's never going to stop. For many, greed is the American way.

I'll agree, with such a low mintage, why they would even have a 5 limit per family anyways, it just seems senseless when they know the coins demand should be similar to the 20th anniversary sets. My personal motivations? I'll let two go, and hopefully they will pay for the other three. Same deal with individual boxed sets, I could have let two go and they would still have paid for the other three. These are money maker coins, and it's not easy finding that these days, coins are so hoarded up, I was glad to get on board.

If Chabsentia seems a little arrogant, well maybe he is, he claims to have been posting here when the rest of us were in diapers, well good for him, you label me, I'll label you.

He didnt put that label under his name. You get different sayings under your name when you make more posts (post count increases).

He didnt put that label under his name. You get different sayings under your name when you make more posts (post count increases).

I have never posted under a different name. The only Arrogant people here are people that brag about the fact that they have never purchased anything from the U.S. Mint or for several years and got 5 -25 sets etc.

Then there are the clueless people who opened the Sets etc.

I would never pay this prices and have detailed the reasons for it.

If one is that hard up for a one time opportunity to gouge a few hundred dollars in profit then so be it. Don't try to assuage their questionable actions with me being jealous.

1. Regardless of the Mint Price, these prices are too high for a modern issue.

.2. I have mentioned that I have purchased the sets mainly because of the Silver content and only one set a year.

3. I have no desire to pay these prices and then have to try and get rid of the other four sets,

4. If I did not think the Price of Silver was going to rise even further I would sell my Silver eagles.

Doesn't the market decide the price?

I am a jealous loser? You are the one that isn't dealing with Reality. I have mentioned several times that my main focus is the Morgan Dollar. I have also mentioned several times that I started collecting the A.S.E as merely routine and just filled them in every year to keep up to date.Here is the hypocrisy.

1. The U,S. Mint put put an explanation that it had the highest regard for its "Regular" customers. This is nonsense. A regular customer is not somebody that has never purchased anything from the U.S.Mint or hasn't in several years and won't order anything again and gets all of their friends and relatives in the same circumstance to do it also.

2. Most of the Price increase in this Modern issue in the regular years has been in the price of Silver going from $5.00 to $34.00 . There was hardly any increase unless it was the 70 grade before the year 2000. Since that time the 70 grade has been rather common and I understand that this year is double the 69 grade.

3. Because people bought the set that had never purchased the A.S.E before and did not understand the mechanics of it then they opened the set which makes three of the five coins just as common as the ones already released for 2011. This will put an increased mintage on the others as the will have the same label as the others even though they are from the set.

4. The frenzy to make a temporary profit as to being an actual collector of the series.

I collected the series since they were issued in 1986 and even got subscriptions as soon as possible so it was automatic each year.

Here is where you are being naive. The same situations would have occurred above even if I had received a set.. Being jealous is not a factor. If people want to be sheep and continue to purchase the series from the U.S. Mint which will not increase in value much unless the Price of Silver continues to rise and the U.S. Mint will try to do better in the next five or ten years than they need to go for it.

The same situations would have occurred if I had received a set. The Series has been ruined because of it. The opened sets already have three useless coins. Most of the ones where the Sellers have claimed that they are unopened are 5 sets. Even if I was willing to pay the outrageous inflated prices I would have to purchase all five sets and send all five sets in for grading.What do I do with the other 4 sets?.

The series has been ruined for me all because of some selfish people who haven't purchased the series before and never will again for a few hundred dollars profit.

Only a person who was not a true collector would not understand this and would accuse somebody of being Jealous.

Good point. This set seems to have cooled off.